Thursday, September 30, 2010

October Begins The Count-down

October
is soon to arrive!
October is the month that we start the
Count-down to
Halloween
Thanksgiving
Christmas
To begin the count-down to
Halloween
I made this
Halloween Advent Calendar
My Grandchildren
Sara, Zada, and Maya
will love this
Each day they remove the date.
Some of the days have a message on the back
that says
SEE GRANDMA
On those days they have to come see me and I will have a treat for them.
I spray-painted a cookie sheet I got at DI
Used cute Halloween scrapbook paper
and cut-out the numbers with my Cricut.
Easy as could be!
BUT
I need to make 2 more
Old cookie sheets are hard to find at my DI
so I bought 2 new ones at Wal-Mart.
Not Good! The black spray paint won't adhere
to the pan.
WHY!
Because of the Non-stick coating. . . . .  
They may have to be just plain old "baking pan" color. . .
So there you have it.
Halloween Advent Calendar
Now I am on to another project

I am making a Halloween Tablecloth
for my dining room table
Cute, bright fabric, will be the choice for this tablecloth.
Halloween decorations go up on Friday, October 1st.
I am excited to show you the finished tablecloth
and
The Halloween Decorations!
Hooking up with
Sew Dang Cute/Crafting With The Stars
eighteen 25
House of Hepworth

2 comments:

  1. Awww.....what a super cute calendar!! Love it..How exciting that all of the Holiday sare coming soon!!

    Yayyyyy!!

    Enter my F21 Giftcard Giveaway!!
    Statements in Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute countdown calendar. I'm gathering ideas this year so I can make one next year. My little one isn't quite old enough yet and we don't have the space. I did a menu board on a cookie sheet and had the same problem with the paint sticking. I roughed it up with sand paper and it seemed to do better. I used fine grit so it didn't leave weird scrapes in the pan. Seemed to work ok. Just a thought.

    Thanks for stopping by While He Was Napping. If you do try the Halloween tiles, I'd love to see them!

    Krista
    whilehewasnapping@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.