Saturday, October 2, 2010

Halloween Tablecloth

I just finished my
Halloween Tablecloth
for my dining room.
It looks so bright and cheery in my dining area.
I used three different pieces of fabric.
The center is one piece with stripes of various colors and designs.
The edge is two different pieces of fabric.
Black and a orange print (can't see the print in the picture)

I have sewed for over 50 years
(yes, it tells you how old I am)
I started young!
But I haven't done a lot of mitered corners
So I had to refresh my memory on how to do them.
My Tablecloth
is a beautiful cheery colorful
Halloween
accent to my dining room
Because of the selection of fabric I used
I could use this tablecloth
throughout the Harvest Season.
I will be visiting the following Blog Friends this week
Under The Table Dreaming
The DIY Show Off
Cottage Instincts/Make It 4 Monday
Celebrating Autumn/My Blessed Life
A Strol Thru Life/Tabletop Tuesday
Coastal Charm/Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
The DIY Show Off
Todays Creative Blog/Get Your Craft On
House of Grace/Twice Owned Tuesday
Quiltstory/Fabric Tuesday
Trendy Tree House/ Blog Hop
Someday Crafts
Blue Cricket Designs
Cheap Chic Home/Fabric Fun Thursday
Shabby Chic Cottage/Transformation Thursdays
Fireflies and Jellybeans/Show Your Stuff Party
Beyond The Picket Fence/Under $100
504 Main/Tickled Pink Friday
It's So Very Cheri/Weekend Wrap-up
Perfectly Imperfect/Style Feature
Funky Junk
A Little Lovely/Saturday Sore'
Tatertots and Jello/Weekend Wrap-Up
Under The Table Dreaming/Sunday Showcase
DIY Show-Off

20 comments:

  1. Its absolutely gorgeous.....fabulous job:)


    Enter the Giftcard Giveaway!
    Statements in Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it is gorgeous. I sew all the time, however not tablecloths. This is such a wonderful idea. Your fabrics are fabulous. I love the design. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I saw "tablecloth", I had to click right over. You did a great job. It kind of has an African vibe, too. (I've been sewing for 40 yrs.!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful table cloth! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your tablecloth! Did you use a pattern or does your experience take care of that part? Your combinations are great! Wow! I didn't know babies could start sewing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty...Your sewing days have me beat by only a few years!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, it turned out beautiful. Great job!
    I'd love for you to check out my giveaway going on now! http://alittleknickknack.blogspot.com/2010/10/felt-headband-giveaway.html
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the table cloth! Awesome work.
    Happy Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous tablecloth! That striped fabric is wonderful, and the border colors really set it off perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this table cloth. You picked beautiful colors. I wish I knew how to sew!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for linking this post to TTT. Your tablecloth is truly stunning and your centerpiece is lovely. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty girl...you did an awesome job on this...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your table cloth. It turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautiful!!!

    Thanks for sharing it with us.

    blessings

    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete
  15. GEORGOUS!!! We "finally" acquired a table that seats us all...but it is 4 foot by 8 foot and really ugly. I have all these fun Autumn tablecloths and was trying to gifure out how to sue some for borders and do something like you did. I hadnt even thought about funky corners. I dont sew at all or even own a sewing machine ...I am in awe of you:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. very fun tablecloth. Thanks for linking at quiltstory.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It does stand out from the white and adds warmth. So pretty. Lucky you. jo at sunnyside

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful job and how bright and fun!! You can come whip one up for us!! Thanks so much for linking it up, Karie! -shaunna :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. So pretty and Halloweeny! You did a fantastic job! Thanks for linking to tickled pink.

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.