Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Halloween Table Setting

I'm just so happy to share this
Table Setting
It is the first time I have done a
Table Setting (Tablescape)
For Bloggerville to see.
I hope you like it.
 I use to have lots of pretty table ware
But then I down-sized and many of my beautiful dishes I gave away.
Silly Me!
Soooooooooo,
I have started to collect again
 I find many of my plates and bowls at the thrift store
And I buy lots of things when department stores have them on sale.
I found these napkins and napkin rings 50% off
 My cute witch shoes are salt and pepper shakers
I just found them this year
(among my many collections are salt and pepper shakers)
 The pumpkin bowl I think is adorable.
So happy and cheerful
 The orange plates and the bowls are new
But the salad plate I found at DI (thrift store)
I have always loved a pretty table setting.
But, once my children grew up and my husband died
I just kind of lost my desire to "fuss" over a cute table setting
But,
You know what?
After visiting each week
And
And seeing all the great blogging gals that link up to their parties
I started to miss the days of decorating a table
So I think I am back to "fussing" over my table settings
It will take me a few times and I will be
back in the groove again.
Thanks to all of you gals that show your TABLESCAPES
I have visited many of your blogs
and
You inspire me!

13 comments:

  1. I love it. Your tablecloth is fabulous. Love all the fabrics and all the colors. Your dishes are perfect. I also really like the beads draped on the candelabra. Beautiful table. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Nice to meet you! I'm sorry to be late replying to your sweet comment!

    Welcome to blogging with tablescaping and tabletops! Warning! This is addictive! LOL!

    Great tablescape, cute Halloween things, love the witch shoes S&Ps!

    I like your pressed back chair too!

    Have fun!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. welcome to tablescaping! i've only done one, too, since i don't have any other dishes. but i have a ton of halloween only stuff, so maybe i'll do another. i LOVE those leaf plates, that is a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karie,
    Welcome to the wonderful world of blog tablescaping! You will certainly fit right in! Your table is so festive and fun!
    I love your tablecloth. It is so full of great Halloween colors!
    I also love to collect dishes from thrift shops and I am the queen of the bargain! You really put together a detailed and spooktacular table.
    So nice to stop by and meet you!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you, Karie! I don't join in every week, but every so often I get the urge - like I did this week. I don't have a lot of dishes, but I've purchased some things inexpensively and figured on interchanging things. I'm thinking of seeing what's on clearance this year as far as tableware. I love your napkins and napkin holders. The witches shoes salt and pepper shakers are very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karie, so happy to have you join in! Love all your cute Halloween goodies, especially those adorable s&p shakers! I also shop frequently at the thrifts, can't beat it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like you have been doing tablescaping for blogs for years! I love what you have done and your table looks so festive-very Halloweeny...if that is a word!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad you are finding the happiness from setting a pretty table. This one is so much fun. You have reminded me that I have a pumpkin dish like that. I wonder where it is? I love the festive colors on your table. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes we do have to take a sabbatical from things in our lives. I'm so glad that you've been encouraged to pick up tablescaping again because you obviously have a passion for it. I'll be excited to see what you collect and share as time goes forward. Thank you for sharing your charming design. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love love love your tablecloth - it is so perfect and cheery. You have an eye for tablesettings, nice to see it can bring you joy again.
    Maggie
    http://ceodraiocht.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your witch shoes on your Halloween tablescape. I bought a pair this year, and I am thinking of starting a collection. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. SO fun and festive! Thanks for linking up to STyle Feature Sat!! -shaunna :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is beautiful and I see that candelabra you made! It is good to fuss over the table once in awhile. I love Tablescape Thursday...I have not participate din awhile though...but I am always inspired.

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.