Thursday, October 7, 2010

Lamp Re-Created

I didn't get my project done in time to enter it in the
CSI
Challenge for this week.
We were challenged to make something that was
Ballard Design Inspired.
I may not have finished in time for the challenge
But
I have a beautiful "new" lamp for my home
What could be better
And
To top it off
It was  oh, so much cheaper.
This is what I started with
I bought 2 lamps from DI
each costing $3
(I am getting ready to spray paint)
This was my inspiration
From Ballard Design.
Lamp base $69
Lamp shade $40
Oh, No!
Not paying that!
This is Karie Design
And oh, so much cheaper
Lamp base $3
Lamp shade $1
(already had the shade, fabric $1)
Oh, so cute in my home

I had never done a shade before
Now I know some tricks I would do next time.
A Karie Design
Thanks Ballard for the idea.
But
Hmmmm, I like mine best.
But I am linking this to  my other Bloggy friends.

8 comments:

  1. Adorable! I love the way your lamp came out - looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job! Isn't it amazing what a little vision, paint and fabric can do? I'm visiting from It's so Very Creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh excellent! I like your version better, too --and what satisfaction to know that your own skill and ingenuity made it possible.
    Lovely!
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yes, yours is better by far! Great job! I am a new follower and will be visiting often! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute!!
    -Kendall
    {songbirdsandbuttons.blogspot.com}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice, I love it. Amazing what you can do on a budget. Looks great. Found your blog from Trendy tree house. Come and visit sometime....I have some fun stuff going on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute and pretty, bravo:))
    Hugs Biljana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great! I like yours best too!

    Sue @ Beach Bungalow
    xo

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.