Friday, May 6, 2011

Thrift Finds

I hope everyone is having a beautiful May
Where I live it appears Spring has finally arrived. .
The mountains have a lot of snow yet to come down
The rivers, creeks, and streams are overflowing
But everyone is keeping a watchful eye. .
For now I am loving the spring weather.
I did take time to do some DI (thrifty store) shopping
And I found some beautiful things. . .
First let me show you the pretty delicate glass bowl I found
 It is so pretty.  It will go anywhere in my home. I love blue!
 Ten linen napkins for $1
I can hardly wait to use them on the table Sunday
for our Mother's Day Dinner.
(my kids will be shocked to be using "real" napkins.)
 Then I found this cute table runner.
I can't decide whether or not to keep it.
I might give it to one of my DIL's or my daughter
 I love this little place mat.  It has a small tag that says Austria.
It is very pretty

 Just showing the cute decorative stitch on the napkins.
Very nice.
 Now, I couldn't pass this yellow gingham apron. . .
It has been hand embroidered. 
Very nice condition, and I love aprons.
 Oh, this pink vase had to come home with me.
It already has fresh flowers in it. (I'll show later).
 This colorful pot is so cute. . . already in use!
 Now, don't think I am goofy. . . I found these white dress gloves.
They are gorgeous!
I just had to have them. . . hey I like gloves. . . I want to wear them.
Whatever happened to those lady like things . . .like hats and gloves?
 See I told you the little colorful pot is already in use with faux flowers.
And last but never least I had to show-off
My colorful doily I just finished. . .
I may pair it with the pink vase or the colorful pot. . .
How has your thrift shopping been. .
Have you found any treasures?

I am linking this to:

5 comments:

  1. Interesting finds... #1 your blue bowl... there is no match with its beauty...
    #2 your napkins... lovely
    #3 Pink Vase... is it made of ceramic? very very lovely indeed... I like its shape very much...
    Thanks for sharing dear
    Hope you would like to pay a visit to me at
    http://craftaworld.blogspot.com/
    Love
    Farah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Karie, you got some beautiful finds this week! I love each of them. And your doily is gorgeous! What a wonderful job you did making that! So talented! Thank you for joining TTF. I hope you have a lovely Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had a good thrifting week! I really like the yellow gingham apron; very pretty. I also like that pink vase. Great finds!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Karie, I am drooling over that blue bowl! What a beauty with its ruffly edge! I'm also loving that Austrian mat. Your doily is so pretty. I like gloves also, and I'd really like it if women started waring hats again ~ love them. Thank you so much for linking up. Hope your Mother's Day was wonderful. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karie,
    Thanks for the visit and for linking your post to 2nd Time Around!

    I think we have lots in common...love your taste! :)

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.