Saturday, May 21, 2011

Finding Beauty and Loveliness

Today 
I wanted to find
 Beauty and Loveliness
Therefore
I set out on a quiet journey. . .no one but myself
I was determined to find beauty everywhere. .
And I did. . .
 Each moment has it own beauty
 Which has never been seen before
And will never be seen again. Ralph Waldo Emerson
 I found beauty in the mountains that surround me. .
And the valley in which I live. .
The azure sky above me
The white to grey clouds that loom over my head. .
 I found beauty in the lost and forgotten
And in that which is well taken care of. . .
 I found beauty in the colors that nature so gladly shares. .
From the gray of the clouds,
To the brightness of the lavender Lilac. . .
The green of the grass, and the abundance of blossoms
All gave me spectacular splendor 
 BEAUTY & LOVELINESS. . .

The quiet softness of the beauty that I found today
Lifted my spirits and comforted my soul. . . .

12 comments:

  1. Your words and photos are equally lovely...I enjoyed seeing your Monday Mosaic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning friend...love seeing these breathtaking pics...hope you have a great day...Picket

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning, Karie! Gorgeousness is all around you! We've just returned from a trip to Utah and it is a most beautiful state! I'll have a post coming up soon.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for inspiring me to get outdoors and enjoy the splendors that I see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, so beautiful! Thanks for sharing your blues.

    Happy 1st Blue Monday, Karie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is beauty everywhere and all around us. Sometimes, we need to look longer and harder for it. You did both very well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! These are sights most of us never see! Gorgeous views! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoyed seeing your great photos. Thanks for sharing them with us.
    Thanks for stopping by and nice comment.
    Enjoy your evening.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those pretty mosaics, and love the smell and look of lilacs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy BM! sorry for the late visit. mine is here sis! : http://clavsupclose.blogspot.com/2011/05/blue-monday.html
    clavs

    ReplyDelete
  11. What glorious vistas! I'm envious of anyone with a mountain view.

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.