Monday, May 2, 2011

A Little Loveliness With My Crochet Lace

 I love to crochet. . .
Whenever I am stressed or worried or just
need to relax, I crochet.
I think Crocheting is Loveliness. . .
And I like anything that is lovely!
I started to crochet when I was very young
My Grandma Dot showed me how.
I wasn't very good, and at that time.
It frustrated me. . .
It wasn't until I was a young woman
That I started to crochet again.
I started with yarn, and eventually to thread.

 I have a lot of lace and delicate hankies that I have crocheted.
 I like to decorate with the doilies that I have made.
And my Aunt has made a lot for me.
 I think I come by it naturally
My Mother crocheted, my Grandmother's, and my Aunt's
I even have cousins that crochet.
 My Great-Grandmother's crocheted
I have a bedspread that my Great-Grandma Pickering crocheted.
I will show it to you one of these days. . .  It is gorgeous!
 I have some crocheted doilies and pillow cases that my
Granny Hattie made,
But I don't have anything of Grandma Dot's
 While I am watching television, I crochet or embroidery.
So I have lots of pieces. .
I thought it is a shame to keep these beautiful pieces in a
Drawer or a box where I can't see them or enjoy their
Beauty and Loveliness
So I brought them out and but them in a basket
So I can see them and enjoy the loveliness of
Lace and Doilies.

I am going to link to these fabulous blogs. . .
Please visit them- - -


5 comments:

  1. Your crochet is so beautiful. My Mom and Grandmother both crocheted buy I was never good at it. Thank you for the beautiful display of you handiwork. Hugs, Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for visiting my blog and for the kind words about my porch! I learned to crochet from my Grandma as a kid. I just don't seem to have the time to do it these days but hope to pick up my needle again someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so many pretty pieces! I have many from my grandmother and mother...just love them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karie,

    All your crochet pieces are so lovely,
    I think I may be turning pea green !
    Thank you for sharing all the beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous Karie, so neatly done! You are an extremely talented lady I must say :)

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.