Monday, May 23, 2011

Blue Shelf

Oh, I am so happy with my shelf!
I changed the color and what a difference it made.
It use to look like this. . .
 But, now it is a beautiful BLUE
And I love it. . .
 This is more my style. . . Much softer, more feminine.
I don't know what I was thinking,
Painting the shelf and frames Black. . .
I must have gotten caught up in the black graze that was happening.
 It has completely changed the feeling of my living room....
I painted the shelf Faded Ink, by Martha Stewart
Then I antiqued it with Min Wax Stain, Provincial
I change the decorations on this shelf frequently.
I wanted to show you the WHOLE wall, but I am not
Finished with all of the frame grouping.
But, I couldn't wait to show you the shelf.
I am so happy with how it turned out.
I will be doing a lot of painting. . .
I am changing the color of some of my other pieces
Of Furniture. . . and accessories. ..
I am going with more of a softer, calmer, romantic look.
Come back to see more. . . .K
I will be linking this with
These wonderful blogging gals. . .
Please visit them. .
My Slice of Suburbia
Costal Charm
Elements Interiors


11 comments:

  1. Love your shelf in blue, it is fabuous and you can see the detail so much better. Your vignette is fabulous also. Great job. Thanks for linking to TTT in advance. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful! I think that shade of blue is the most popular color this Spring! I love your blog...it's so cheerful! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great color, faded ink, sounds so romantic and yesteryear. Normally, I love rich black elements in a room, but I prefer the faded ink. Nice. Thanks for posting. ~CJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karie, I really like the light blue shelf and white frames. It's so feminine and fresh. Sometimes it's fun to try new things like the black, but it's good to know yourself and paint is so easy and expensive to get the look you want. Have fun.
    Have a great week,
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is truly beautiful! Wonderful transformation - gorgeous blue color!
    Can't wait to see the rest of your wall,
    Thank you for sharing this with A Return to Loveliness,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the white frames! It will be fun to see the whole wall when it is finished! Good job on the blue...I love the shade you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Found you through a Delightsome Life! I absolutely love this makeover! What a wonderful shade of blue. It just looks fabulous!

    Have a great week!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your shelf is very nice that shade of blue. I like it! Thanks for stopping by!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Karie,
    I love the blue!!!!it looks wonderful and so pretty. Its hard to find the right shade of blue, but you did. I can't wait to see your wall of frames. Its always fun to change a color of something it makes the piece look like new.
    Have a sweet day and hugs, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks beautiful in blue. I love it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a marvelous change...it looks lovely. Thats a great color, so soft and pretty.

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.