Monday, May 16, 2011

Aunt Colleen's Tea Cups

I can't even begin to photograph all of
The interesting things at my
Great-Aunt Colleen's Home.
I have already shown some of the things that
really caught my eye. . .
Now I want to show you just a few
Of her Tea Cups
. . . . . . .
Of course, my favorite is the one that belonged to my
Great-Great Grandma Pickering. .
 This tea set is about 150 years old. . .
I really like this three footed tea cup and saucer
I told my Aunt this is the one I want. . LOL!

I didn't realize there was such a thing as a three footed cup.
Until I saw this one. . . . and later found out they are very collectible.
Now, I will be on the look-out for a three footed tea cup!

 Another favorite is this little dutch tea cup and tea pot.

 This are just a very small fraction of
what she has collected
Over the past 81 years!
 This little cup and saucer is very treasured by my Aunt.
My Uncle Frank (her husband) served in WWII and also the Korean War
During the Korean War he was stationed in Japan. . .
When he returned home, he gave her this little tea cup and saucer
That he had bought her while in Japan.
I thought this sugar bowl and creamer was unusual.
It has square handles, and a different shaped body.
Very interesting. . .
Well, my Auntie has a lot of treasures and collections.
I love visiting someone who values such
Beautiful things and have amassed a collection of treasures.
It just seems to make the person more interesting.
There is usually a story behind each treasure.

12 comments:

  1. She has some amazing things..and I have not seen a 3 footed teacup before..ever! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her three footed cup is beautiful. I have only seen them on blogs but I really have not been looking until now. ♥O

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck finding the footed tea cups. They are very hard to find. I have one...one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some gorgeous tea cups! We have my hubby's Mom's collection and I really love them all. I've never heard of a three footed tea cup, that is really special!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the teacups and the teaset. They are all stunning and don't you just love the ones on little feet, so precious and so delicate. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely lovely!!! Your aunt is really something!!!!! The three foot teacup is stunning! Thanks for sharing!

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Karie...thanks for visiting my blog and your nice comment about my porch. I have never heard of a 3 footed tea cup either! Who knew? My favorite though is the blue and white dutch set. What a treasure. Have a great week...~Ann

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Karie,
    Those shown tecups are all so lovely. Your aunt has real treasures in her house. Nice items to play with for a tea time. Thank you for sharing.
    Best greetings, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Karie,
    Your aunt has a wonderful collection of treasures and I'm sure she is pleased that you enjoy them as well. Thank you for sharing them today at Tea Time and have a lovely day.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Auntie really does have some amazing china! I love the first tea set totally! Wow! All of it is gorgeous.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely set to show, the tea pot set is so adorable 150yrs old wow

    love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Karie!
    What a gorgeous collection your Aunt has! I love each and every one you've shared but think the 3 footed rose is making me swoon :-)
    How wonderful to have such heirlooms in your family!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.