Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Second Hand Treasure

A trip to the Thrift Store (DI)
Always gives me a emotional boost. . .
I know for you non-junker thrifters, you just can't understand
Maybe it is the "thrill of the hunt"
Or maybe it is just finding something that makes you smile,
Or maybe it is finding a Second Hand Treasure
Well, here are a few things that made me
Smile
A cute Easter Egg Holder
Now just who says I have too many bowls?
How could I pass-up this pretty blue?
And PINK, oh, I must add them to my pink dishes.
I never pass-up Milk Glass. . . Oh, Never!
Look at the pretty design. . . . I already have a place for it.
Oh, but this is what made me SMILE. . .
These two adorable figurines.
This one is an original Precious Moments
This one looks like a Precious Moment
But she is not marked. . . still adorable and beautiful.
There was no way I would pass-up these little lovelies. .
When finding things at the second hand store you never know what 
The story is behind a piece. . . .
Notice the frame I have the Precious Moments sitting on?
Well, it was not that pretty when I bought it for 50 cents.
I took the glass out and behind it was a
Christmas card. . .  with envelope. . . . addressed to
Oma and Ompa VanKomen
That little frame had belonged to someone's
Oma, and Ompa
And they had framed the Christmas card.
I think the card looked like it was about 1950ish
I painted the frame, cleaned the glass put scrapbook paper
for the embellishment, and gently placed the card between the paper
and the back of the frame. I will preserve that story.
Maybe that is why I like to find second hand treasures,
Each piece has a story, it belonged to someone before it belonged to me.
That is a little like people
We each have a story behind us.
And some of us are
Second Hand Treasures!

Please do come back, I love your visits
K

Linking with:
Linda @ A LACarte/ Junkin Find Friday



8 comments:

  1. Love that beautiful blue bowl. Such great treasures you found. I cannot pas up milk glass ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! I love to thrift. I have a store about two blocks from my home and I stop by every day. They change it up all the time. Cute finds. Thank you so much for visiting My Cozy Corner.
    xo
    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you on the thrift stores...the thrill of the hunt is always so much fun. You found great things this time. I would love to find some neat Easter and spring things! Great post.
    blessings,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love thrifting and I always wonder about the history of the piece. It was so sweet of you to preserve the card. It must have been important to ompa and oma. Thanks so much for visiting and leaving such a nice comment. I'm very happy to have met you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did find some great treasures! I love your story of the Christmas card and that you put it back so lovingly. I think Oma is German.
    Have a sweet day and hugs, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet treasures for sure. Love the dishes and pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow great finds! Found your through A La Carte blog party :o) Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your finds make me smile but that story touched my heart! That is why I thrift also. Little treasures that someone else once loved. Thank so much for joining Junkin Finds Friday! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.