Monday, March 21, 2011

Grandma's Tea Cup

My Grandma Dot
Was very special to me.
She was my nurturer, and my security
When my Mother died I was only
7 years old and
Grandma Dot
Took me and my Brother into her home and heart
She was a gentle soul and loved us dearly.
She taught me so much
How to Love, How to Trust, How to Care.
She died over 46 Years Ago.
And I miss her.
I only have a few of her earthly possessions,
And one of them is this
Beautiful Tea Cup and Saucer
 She had very few possessions
But she had more love and compassion than anyone I know.
 Her little tea cup and saucer sits in my curio. . .
Protected from any harm. .
Just like my Grandma was with me
Protecting me from any harm.
 Grandma had such a delicate touch.
She taught me some of the finer things of life.
She taught me how to crochet and how to embroidery. . .
I thought at the time I could never do the beautiful crochet work
That my Grandma did. . .
But,
I think she would be proud of me now.
I know where my Grandma is
And I know that someday I will be with her.
I will feel her delicate touch on my cheek,
I will hear her soft voice
And I we will be together once again.

I will be linking this with

15 comments:

  1. Hi Karie, I have the honor of being your "linky neighbor" over at Marty's, stopped by to say that is a charming tea cup, very pretty. Thank you for sharing something so special to you. xoxo tami

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your grandmother would be proud of you, just beautiful work!And your teacup a delicate precious memory.Happy Spring Days.
    http://yvettesblogs.com/2011/03/21/springtimes-laughter/
    Yvette

    ReplyDelete
  3. What sweet memories of your grandma to cherish forever. Love the teapot!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. So SWEET! Love this post...thank you for linking up to Whassup Wednesday! Hope to see you tomorrow:)

    xoxokara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karie, how blessed and fortunate you are to have your sweet Gma's cup and saucer. It's pieces like this that remind us on a daily basis of our precious relationships.
    big hugs,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh such a dear post! What a kind Grandmother. Her cup is so beautiful. It is so special of you to keep it safe in your cabinet. What lovely memories you must have.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi: Your post brought tears to my eyes. I love you beautiful thoughts of your Grandma. That makes that cup even more beautiful in my eyes. Blessings, Mrtha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Karie, what a sweet, loving tribute to your grandma. She would be (and I'm sure is) very pleased with your fond memories of her and of your beautiful handiwork. Thank you for sharing about her. (Her cup and saucer are so pretty!) Bess

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet post and wonderful tribute to your grandma. No matter how long they've been gone, we still miss them. Her teacup is lovely.
    D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Karie,
    What a beautiful and touching tribute to your beloved grandmother! And such a lovely tea cup to remember her by! I know she is very proud of you and we all will be with our loved ones one day!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is wonderful that you had a grandmother like you did. She sounds a lot like my grandmother who taught me to crochet and embroider also. What a tribute to a special person.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I adore your teacup~ swoon!

    I am currently hosting an auction of vintage and antique linen treasures. Stop by and take a peek.

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet post remembering your Grandma! Grandmas are so special when they have that kind of presence in your life. Lovely teacup. Thanks for linking up!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful cup, full of special memories for you. My Nanna too had very few posessions because she gave eveything to other people. Our lives are truly blessed by these special people.

    Elaine x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stop

    your making me cry. I was raised by grandparents also and my mother lived with us , guess you could say my mom moved home and brought 3 kids
    my Sweet Grandmaother has been gone 13 years this year and I have a few of her things.


    I like hearing stories about other special Grandmas

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.