Monday, March 28, 2011

Enjoying The Roses

I have been doing some thinking today.
(Scary I know)
I need to STOP rushing through my life!
The days, and weeks and even months are going way too fast
And I am not savoring the moment.

 I love roses. . . And I love them at all stages
 of their development.
From the tiniest bud
To the full bloom
I enjoy watching them progress.
And so it is with life
I need to enjoy each stage of
My life's development.
I hope to STOP and smell the roses. . . Savor the Beauty
Even when I think I must pass them by. . .
Maybe this beautiful little plaque I found today
Will help me remember the beautiful Rose I have in the Day.
My rose tea cup will help me remember to savor the moment.
though I don't drink tea or coffee,
I love the beauty of a tea cup
Each day is a gift. . .  to be enjoyed and blessed.
  Because I have been given so much. . .
I will cherish each new day. .
I will Savor the Beauty of my life
And Stop and Smell each Rose.

I hope you are having a wonderful Spring Day
And savoring the beauty of your life.
Please do come back again. . . . .K
I will be joining the following parties:
Martha and Terri/Tea Cup Tuesday
A Delightsome Life

13 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for visiting Back Porch Musings. I appreciate it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post...thanks for coming by.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this sweet reminder. I have similar trouble remembering to savor it all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very lovely post! Your tea cup is very sweet. Is it Royal Albert? Your sentiments too are very good. The picture you show of the women smelling the rose I have on my music room wall. I love that image.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully said with beautiful photos.
    hugs ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karie! What a lovely post and you have a beautiful tea cup there. Thank you so much for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely reminder of all the beauty around us, Karie! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and for your sweet comments about my kitchen vignette!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful post...and a beautiful teacup!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This Royal Albert- Lavender Rose is one of my favourites too. I have a set of 4 and a sandwich plate. I like taking time to smell the roses.

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a pretty teacup! I love Lavender Rose by Royal albert.. fit for spring tea treats! thanks for sharing!
    xo
    fitty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Karie,
    Absolutely agree - we need to stop and to appreciate those special moments in our lives - I love your post - the photos - that is one of my all time favorite paintings too!
    Thank you for sharing this with A Return to Loveliness,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello: What a wonderful cup you have shared with us. Thank you so much for being a part of Tea Cup Tuesday, I hope you will join us again next week. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely vignette. Excellent words. I recently retired and am doing just that...savoring time with my hubby, enjoying the simple pleasures of our lives, our family, grandchildren, photography and some travel around the beautiful USA. I am having a give-away, my very first. If you would like to enter, please hop over to my blog and leave a comment. Blessings

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.