Thursday, March 3, 2011

Pink Day For Thrifting

Oh, I am really on a roll for
Pink
I even found some Pink treasures while thrifting
I just have to show you the Pink treasures.

I found this beautiful bowl and ladle at DI
It was in the collectible case when I first set my eyes on it.
When I went a couple of days later. . . . low and behold
They had just taken it out of the collectible case and marked it
$5. for both pieces. . . Wow! I just had to have the set.
 The bottom is marked Monetary Made In California
I looked it up on the Internet and I found that
The Monetary Art Pottery Company is another
California Pottery manufacturer.
The company was founded around 1948 and is no longer in business.
 They made a series of speckled dinner ware
This is called "Tickled Pink" or "Tickle Me Pink"
I absolutely love these pieces.
The ladle is so different.
I would date this dinner ware around 1950.

 I found these candle holders in the pink depression glass
What a treasure. 
My heart was racing when I saw them. . .
 This little Pink dish is such a delicate pink color.
It sits in my bedroom on my dresser. . .
I couldn't pass up this adorable mug
I don't normally buy mugs.
But this one is so Easter looking
I just thought it was so cute.
So there you have my Pink thrift finds.
I certainly hope I can find more!
(Oh, I'm not greedy, I just like PINK)
Just a little side note. 
I visited the cutest blog this week. .
Ash Tree Cottage
What caught my eye was some adorable
Frames she had done.
I love the fabric in these frames. . .You can click HERE 
To See More of Ash Tree Cottage
Oh, and I can't forget her little friend
Bentley. . . Isn't he adorable?

I am going to join

Come back again. . . .K

27 comments:

  1. Welcome to Vintage Thingie Thursday. You found some really pretty PINK goodies! I love those candle holders. Happy VTT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all this pretty pink!! I have some 1956 pink Melmac dinnerware I cannot wait to use. THanks so much for stopping by and for your prayers for my mom. She is doing so much better!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a Pink girl and you found some awesome treasures. I also love the Monetary Pottery! California pottery is some of my fav's! Beautiful depression glass candlesticks also. Thanks for joining Junkin Finds Friday! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karie, it was so nice for you to visit my blog. I have enjoyed meeting you tonight. When ever I volunteer at the DI I always find some fun pink flower china cups and saucers. I love those pink treasures!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all your pink dishes! The candlesticks are gorgeous--lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pinks. You made some wonderful finds. ~~Sherry~~

    ReplyDelete
  7. My first set of dishes were THESE. I loved pink, even back then. We used them for every day and some got broken..then, I just got tired of them and took them to the thrift shop. bwaaaaaaaaa
    Now I want 'em back !!

    Love all your great finds.
    Have a fun weekend..
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  8. You sure did do good with all your pretty pink! Love the candle holders.

    Thanks for the visit and have a wonderful weekend.

    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful. Pink just lifts my whole day. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your pink finds. Especially the mug - it looks like an Easter egg!

    ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your pink dishes caught my eye...I'm a pastel dinnerware fan. Great finds!

    Jillian
    Bella Rosa Antiques

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy pink Saturday, love all thevpretty pink finds, especially vintage.

    Cheers,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous pinks! You really made a great purchase! I like the pink here, reminds me of Springtime, I am patiently waiting for it to arrive. Come visit me soon. HPS! Anne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Pink Saturday! I love your pink finds!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic pink treasures. The little mug looks just like an Easter egg. Also love the candle holders. Aw shucks, all of it is beautiful. Ginger :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kari, I forgot to tell you, I am now following your. Ginger :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi
    I love your pink things. What a beautiful blog you have. Thank you so much for visiting My Cozy Corner.
    xo
    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  18. What great pink treasures!! I am so very jealous of those lovely Pink Depression Glass Candle holders!! what a great find!!

    HPS!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am apparently in the pink, too. I just came across a great set of pink Texas Ware dishes!
    I posted about them here - http://firstadream.blogspot.com/2011/02/texas-ware-melamine-dishes-from-50s.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello! What lovely finds! I have never heard of that company nor seen any of its pieces - you did quite well - love the delicate pink colors of all your finds!
    Happy Pink Saturday,
    kathy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Pink Saturday! Wow! You really did find a lot of great finds, you must have been tickled pink! (hehe) This is my first Pink Saturday and it is fun to see all the like minded pink lovers. I hope you get a chance to stop by my offering of pinkness. http://jmkoriginals.typepad.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh so pretty and lucky too. I think the set of bowls was a great find and then to discover they were made in the U.S of A!!! Yippee!!
    Happy Pink Saturday sweetie, love the candlesticks too, Char

    ReplyDelete
  23. i have a very similar speckled pink mug! i've never even looked at the writing on the bottom, I just thought it was adorable!

    http://inthehammockvintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Karie. I found you today via Laurie's page - glad I did! Those pink speckled dishes are a treasure & the price was amazing! Congrats!
    -diane http://www.sweeteuropeandreams.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy Pink Saturday!


    Love Bentley! So cute. Great pink finds.


    ~ Gabriela ~

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great thrifting. What unique bowls. Love those candle sticks. You had a lucky day. Thank you for sharing your finds for Favorite Things Sat. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  27. Pink is one of my fave color! love the bowl and the ladle in pink, they're so suitable with the names tickle me pink, so cuteee...the candle sticks are lovely too as wells as the dish! most of all, i love the easter mug, it's adorable! thanks for sharing and visiting my blog, have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.