Thursday, April 14, 2011

Thrifting Treasures

Oh, I love going to Thrift Stores
And you know my favorite is DI
Well, this time I found not only some things for myself
But, I also found something for my Daughter-in-law. . .
Ya, she likes things from the thrift store!

Just look at this cute cup and saucer. . .
 Well, Daughter-in-law actually found this at DI
She knows I am trying to find tea cups and saucers for the
Princess', and thought I would like it.
 She gave it to me, bless her heart, but I could tell she really wanted it
. . . But greedy me,
I took it with pleasure!
 A couple of days later, I was at DI
And low and behold there on the shelf was the
Matching Tea Pot!
 75 cents for the Tea Pot. . .I snatched that baby up real fast.
But, there is no way I can start collecting Tea Pots.. .
Oh, No! I am collecting too much as it is. . .
So guess what? I stopped being greedy and I gave the set
To my sweet Daughter-in-law. . .
She was very very happy to have them!
 I found these cute bowls
 This one on the bottom is wooden. . .
I thought it would be cute on the patio with a potted flower in it.
 I love the patina on it. . .
 It is very unusual and pretty.
 I found this picture and frame. . .$1.50
I really like it. . . the frame is very antique looking.
I know exactly where it will go
I will show you later where I will put the picture.
I love going to thrift stores. . .  There is always something that
Catches my eye.

Come back again. . . .K
I am linking this to:


7 comments:

  1. Its so great that you managed to find a set! These are really cute and the bowls are chick as well!!! love the frame, Im sure it will find a special place!

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me Too! Just love going - just found a few treasures yesterday! You are a wonderful woman to share such a delightful tea set - and how wonderful for you to be able to go back to find the matching teapot - serendipity!
    God Bless,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too!!! It is one of my many addictions ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I LOVE the teapot and matching Cup&Saucer!!! What a gorgeous set. AND you are such a Sweetie to give it to your Daughter in Law! LOVE THAT Story...
    Have a wonderful weekend,
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that teapot and teacup are wonderful! What a sweet MIL you are to give it to your DIL! And your bowls are great finds as well. And the picture is so sweet! Thank you for joining TTF! I hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Karie! Oh, I'm so glad you found the teapot! I love this sweet pattern! I've never seen it before. I love those bowls too - great colors.
    Thanks for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Karie, I continue to look forward very much to your blog and was so interested to learn of your interest in tea cups. Despite the fact that I don't drink or coffee either, I love tea cups and saucers, and would love to find the matching saucers as well. I believe you live North of Farmington, but if you ever come this way, there is a delightful little antique store on Main Street in Farmington called 'A Bed of Roses' and it is packed full of wonderful treasures. The lovely woman who owns it also loves cups and saucers and there is such a great collection of reasonably priced items there. I never walk out without buying something!
    Keep on with the wonderful job you are doing and inspiring so many of us.
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.