Thursday, April 14, 2011

A Cherished Memory

I have reached a time in my life that
Everything I own is
Vintage
And I am thankful for my that.
It all represents a treasured Journey. .
A Journey that started a long time ago
In another Time - - In another Place
 I wouldn't change the journey I have taken for anything.
It has all helped to increase my
 Wisdom, Patience, Understanding
And most of all Love.

A treasure of my
Vintage Life
 This is the topper to my
Wedding Cake
 Like so many "things"
It has been with me on my journey.
For 45 years this little Vintage topper has been
Treasured and Protected.
It represents so many emotions and memories
Most of all it represents the Love of a young couple
 Embarking on
An Eternal Journey. . . . that lasts
FOREVER
Do you still have your wedding cake topper?
Please do come back. . . . . K
I am linking to:

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful post Karie...love that vintage cake topper....and a big congratulations on 45 wonderful years with your love :)
    Happy VTT!
    Big hugs,
    Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I still have our cake topper! I have it on display, too. Married for 13 years here! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karie, The cake topper is lovely. My wedding cake had flowers instead of a topper. Congrats on 45 years! Hubby and my 19th anniversary is tomorrow. Thank you for joining my party.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Pink Saturday Karie Sweetie...
    What a gorgeous share. I love your cake topper. It is SO beautiful, and yes they do grace our lives do they not? A reminder of that once in a lifetime day of ours. That beautiful celebration of love between two people. Congratulations on 45 years my sweet friend.

    Yes, I still do have my cake topper as well. My husband and I just celebrated in January our 35th wedding anniversary. I put my original topper on our cake. I just loved it then, and still do now. It remains in my China cabinet, so that I can look at it each and every day and remind myself of how much our love has grown.

    A beautiful share sweetie. I am Country Wings in Phoenix, your newest follower. I can't wait to see what you share next. Please stop by and say hello. I would be so honored to have you follow my blog as well. Have a glorious weekend sweetie. Country hugs, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi
    A beautiful post. I also share your love for vintage whether family treasures or found in charity shops (no Flea Markets where I live in Scotland).
    Wishes for a Beautiful Pink Saturday.
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet cake topper and post! Love things vintage over here too~ Thanks for sharing at FNF! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful that you still have that Karie, and that you've kept it in such good shape. My cake topper was real flowers, so I don't have that lovely piece of our history. A cake topper that has survived in so beautifully for 45 years is a great match for the beauty of a marriage that has survived that long. Congratulations! Thank you for linking this sweet post to Favorite Things. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  8. How pretty your topper is. I do have our topper and haven't even thought about it for 20 years! LOL Thanks for linking it up!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.