Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A Pioneer Tablescape

On my recent trip to the Southern part of Utah
I visited a primitive Pioneer Fort
As I toured the living quarters
I couldn't help but think of how it must have been
For the women of that time period
I looked at the few things they possessed
And I thought of how much they tried to bring beauty into
Their Homes. . .
Their living conditions were harsh and difficult. .
And yet, they surrounded themselves with loveliness
There was color and beauty in a decorated home.
PIONEER TABLESCAPE
 It is a simple lovely tablescape.
The plates are turned upside down so they didn't get dusty
The chairs are turned backwards. . . Why?
So they could  kneel in Prayer. . .then they turned
The chairs around, sat on them
And said a Blessing on the food. .
Even living in the barren desert
The Pioneer Woman
Brought beauty and loveliness to the life of her family
She made whatever her house was into 
A HOME.
I will be linking this to:

Be sure to visit these gals, they go to so much work hosting
these linky parties- -you can visit a lot of neat blogs.

10 comments:

  1. These were the women to emulate! I would hope I could have endured like they did and still bring beauty to the home!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your post today very much!! These woman made their home a home and with love. We have it so easy now. I wonder how I would do living like they did.
    Have a sweet day and hugs, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post. Kudos to those women! Thanks for sharing :)

    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    Sanghamitra.
    http://rainbow-thecoloursofindia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These women are one of the reasons I love antique linens and handwork so much. These items were often a way to bring beauty to places that had very little of it. We sure have a built-in inherited impulse to make a beautiful table don't we? These days it's almost as big a stand out! Thanks so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know that about the chairs. How fun. This was a great post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really interesting post remembering the pioneer women and their efforts to make a beautiful home under the most privitive conditions. The chairs turned backward is really interesting.
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice post. I didn't know about the chairs, and for the enlighting about pioneer women that did all they could with so little,... remember this women came from Europe and even if they were poor there, they saw a lot too! Thank you for sharing this, I enjoyed it very much!
    Hugs
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kari, I wonder what the pioneer woman would think of all of our conveniences now! I never knew the reason for the chairs turned backward. Thanks for sharing this at my party.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kari, like my Grandmother said, we have twice the number of appliances and gadgets and cook half as often! That was a lovely and interesting post. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. No matter where and what condition they're living in -- women everywhere will try to set a pretty table! Love this.

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.