Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Solo Cheap Table-Turquoise

I have been on a painting jag!
Yep, a Jag. . .
(don't ask me the definition of that little word)
All I know is I have completed 3 projects
in less than 2 weeks and I am now on number 4 project.
This little beauty I named
Solo Cheap Turquoise Table
And I am going to Link this up to

OK this is the before

 I always forget to do a before picture. .
But, you can see this is one of those cheap t.v. tables.
 I bought it several years ago at the thrift store
I  needed something cheap with doors on it. . So
I bought this for about $5.00
It has just hung around doing all kinds of duties as needed.
Well, I needed a table by My Chair
And this little Solo Cheap table is what I decided to use.

 
I painted it Turquoise
After it was painted I thought
Oh, No! What have I done. Way too bright for my me.
Antiquing to the rescue. . .
I used  Provincial Min-Wax Stain
It toned down the Turquoise
And I like it now. . .

   
 This little Solo Cheap table
has doors so I can hide my "clutter" that sits next to my chair
Things like
Books, magazines, embroidery I am working on, etc.
You name it, the doors can hide the clutter.
I live in a small space and this little table
Adds to the cozy cuteness of my living space.


9 comments:

  1. This is so cute. Isn't it just magical how a little paint and glaze can transform a boring piece into something so chic? I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Great job, I am a major fan of turquoise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great table and storage is also a bonus. Love it. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this piece, you gave it a real retro wow! You got skills girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great color. was that laminate? did you just prime it, that's all? i am taking notes here, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful color. Color is perfect for spring and your little table is so much better painted. Very cute! Thanks for linking up!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the turquoise also! Thanks for stopping over at my "place"!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I have this exact same tv stand and it is hideous! I've been dying to paint something turquoise and you've totally inspired me! :)
    salonjuleen(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great colour. I like this colour so much. It looks very beautiful and seems very attractive in entrance room.
    online clothing store

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.