Saturday, February 26, 2011

I Keep Finding Things To Paint

It seems that once I start painting
I just want to keep going.
I am looking around my house for things
That need to be painted. . . .
I know you are tired of seeing my paint projects
But, please indulge me. . . .
Here is the latest completed paint job

It started out looking like this
 I really like this plant stand,
I think I got it at Wal-Mart many years ago.
When I got it the deep dark green was the "in" color
Well, I am not into that color anymore. . . . moved to a new one.
It has been in use for all these years,
 and it had a few scuff marks.
 This is how it looks now. . .
I am very pleased with it and it looks great in my home.
 I used the same color I used on the B-Buffet
Martha Stewart's
Faded Ink
Then I glazed it with Ralph Lauren
Poplar Island
 I like the natural top
So, I just brightened it up with
Min-Wax- Provincial
It really looks much better.
Almost like new, only better!
It is fun when you take something you already have
Change the color. . . and you feel like you have
 something brand new.
I did this for nothing. . . I already had the paint and the glaze.
Well, I am off to see what else I can change with paint.

Karie

7 comments:

  1. That looks really cute! I like the paint color and I love the look you get with the RL glaze. I need to try that stuff. Very nice.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute table. What a cute idea. I'm your newest follower. I would love it if you linked your project up to my link party.
    More The Merrier Monday.

    http://diyhshp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are a pro at this now! it looks great-wonderful color, and great vignette with the jar on top!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karie...I love your plant stand! That is the best feeling when you change something and get a whole new look without any cost! Ummm, now you have me wondering what I can paint around here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I stopped by to thank you for visiting me and I decided to peruse your blog a bit!
    I love what you did with this table!! It came out beautifully!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.