Friday, February 4, 2011

Project Is Taking Longer

My project is taking longer than expected.
I had hoped I would have it done days ago,
But, I ran into problems. . . 
I have a real bad cold and haven't felt like working on it.
AND
I just about ruined it!
Oh, yes! Today I have been in tears. . .
All my hard labor was just about ruined.
Remember my buffet I got a few weeks ago?

 It has been sitting in my little dining area
all this time. . .
And ya, know how when you paint the whole house
is a mess? (Anyway it is for me!)
Well, I have sanded, (yes, in my house) and primed
 Finally painted, 3 coats of paint
Martha Stewart
Faded Ink
 But, it just didn't look right to me. .
I wanted to put that Mocha glaze everyone is talking about, on it
But, my kids said, NO! Don't do that!
It just needed something. . .  it looked to blahaaaaaa!
So I thought, well maybe if I "shabby" it. . .
Oh, good grief, that didn't work!
So I had to paint again. . . .
 Then I came up with this idea of painting the decorative detail. . .
That would be just fine, if you have a real steady hand. . . .NOT ME!
So.....after all that detail work, I painted over it!
Well, this is how it is as of right now. . . . just the doors
 Detail painted a creamy white. . .
I may just move it into its place and study it for a few days
Before I do anything else to it.
It still needs the poly-coat on it. . . .
And I may not listen to my kids and still Mocha it.
What do you think?
I wish Shelly at The Frosted Gardner would give me her opinion.
Or Any of you great creators in bloggerville.
You guys paint furniture all the time.
HELP me out here!

4 comments:

  1. Oh I think the glaze and a little sanding for aging would look fabulous like Kim does. Just a thought. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karie -
    I agree with Marty. I'd try the glaze. And thanks for visiting me at Cottage and Creek. I'm your newest follower and I can't wait to read more. Good luck and I hope you'll post the final outcome.
    God bless,
    Lynn
    www.cottageandcreek.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karie,

    I am sorry that piece has been giving you such fits. We have gone through as well. No lie! We did a dresser that felt like it took us three weeks. Mike painted it and then all of the paint started faking off. And then it was down hill from there. It was horrible. I think that your little piece looks great. I agree with the ladies - a nice glaze would age it nicely and bring out the details - especially in the grooves on the doors and the nice details between the doors. I also agree with Marty - I would distress it a bit. Just the edges. I cannot wait to see how it turns out. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you've done a wonderful job with it. Glazing would give it that olden look, if that's what you want. But you sure haven't ruined it. That was a lot of work, and I'm impressed. Take care of that nasty cold first, though.

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.