Monday, August 16, 2010

Quatrefoil Tray & Hand-Outs

Well, Good Morning Monday!
Where have you been?
I have been waiting for you!
Let's get going on this new week. . . .
I have a lot to do!
Oh, but first I want to talk about yesterday. . . Sunday
My lesson in Young Women's was about
Patriotism. . . . .
Great lesson. . . . . . We talked about how we can be good citizens.
Well informed
Serving
&
Respectful
I gave each girl a hand-out that I had made.
Because we talked about the FLAG of the United States of American
my hand-out had the
History of the flag
The proper way to display the flag
flag etiquette
And a neat ceremony used by the Air Force Academy
when the flag is folded . . . . . .
Sunday was a great day!
I like Sundays
A little project from last week. . .
You know how much I love
QUATREFOIL!
A few weeks ago I did a darling stool
and I used the Quatrefoil Design on the top of the stool
Oh, it is cute, and I love it!
Well, I found a "pizza pan" at Wal-Mart
it cost me $4
I really like the silver color and it is round
and it is magnetic .
SO.. . .
Why not do the quatrefoil design on it
AND
hang it on the wall in the kitchen
AND
use it as a magnetic message board?
(can't hang it yet, waiting for the Disc-charger to come in the mail)
So
I did the design, using a black Magic Marker (love those things)
Used my same template from the stool -
traced the design on the pan
filled in the lines with the MM pen
and I have my cute round message board.
Was not hard at all. . . !
Making my stool first helped.
I knew some of the tricks of using my template.

As they say in Bloggerville
EASY PEASY!

So now MONDAY
Lets get things moving for this week!



Monday Linking to:






The Girl Creative




Tuesday Linking To:









Wednesday Linking To:
BCD 125





Black Kats Design




It is fun to see what others are making
so CLICK
on one of the Links
it will take you to that BLOG
Have a great day!
Karie

11 comments:

  1. I so love quarterfoil and I think I might just have to do the wall behind my bed with it. I want to do it super sized and I'm just trying to work up the nerve for it. Gulp.

    Bernadette
    www.b3homedesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving this!! You'll have to be sure to link it up at the party on Friday!! It's adorable!
    ~Terrell @ FrouFrouDecor~

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love that pattern too.

    Thanks for stopping by my "popcorn". I've now added my name to your list of followers.

    Happy Tuesday!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for participating! I didn't know that design had a name!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Karie! What a wonderful tray redo! You did such a great job! :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that pattern too! Cute tray, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! And a pizza pan from Walmart. Isn't it fun to use unexpected items?!

    Thanks for linking up to the “Cheap Thrills Thursday” party at Black Kats Design. I hope you had fun and will join in again next Thursday!

    Kat

    www.BlackKatsDesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for linking this up to my party at Frou Frou Decor!! Have a great weekend!!
    ~Terrell @ FFD~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Karie! I found your site off of Today’s Creative Blog! I love your craft! You are so talented! I just signed up to be your newest follower! Woo hoo! I hope you stop by my new blog. I just started it 2 months ago and would love new friends! Please come see me at http://www.modernfamilymagazine.com

    -Heather-

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.