Monday, August 9, 2010

Cloche'

Cloche'
Isn't that the neatest sounding word?
Cloche'Most of mine are actually
cheese domes!
With plates Gorilla Glued onto
a candle holder and spray painted.
Don't tell anyone though
You really can't tell. . . . . . . . . . .
Can you?
I got my idea from House of Hepworth
I had never thought of using a cheese dome
until I saw hers. 
She also showed me that you can spray paint ceramic
Ya, you can!
Check her out she has a great blog
House of Hepworth
My roosters are also spray painted.
I tell ya, you can spray paint anything, but water.

I actually think this one is a Real Cloche'

You can put a cloche' over anything.I find my cloche's (cheese domes) at the thrift store
I don't pay more than $1.50 for them
But they sure make cute decorations.
I have several more,
I just need to decide what color
I want the bases.
They also make cute cake stands with the dome.
Just cleaver!
Say the word. . . . . . Cloche'
In general I don't like August
But
aren't the flowers beautiful?
The Zinna's are georgous right now.
I am linking this post to

 
HouseofHepworths

6 comments:

  1. Hi I'm Ami! I'm new to blogging. So, I have noticed that in bloggy land cloches are a big thing! SOOOOO I have bought my first two! I haven't put anything in them YET! Thanks for the inspiration tho! :) I found you on Get Your Craft On! :) I'm your newest follower! Stop by my blog when you get a chance. You can see my new cloches there too! :)

    http://alililly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love DIY cloches. the price is so much better and that way you can have exactly the colors you want on the base. Lovely!

    ~ Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice collection of cloches'. I love the way you have them decorated. Thanks for sharing. ~~Sherry~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a good cloche project. Very nicely done. When I find cheese domes, they just look like cheese domes to me. Yours are pretty!

    Thanks for linking up to the “Cheap Thrills Thursday” party at Black Kats Design. I hope you had fun and will join in again next Thursday!

    Kat

    www.BlackKatsDesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everytime I go to good will looking for a cheese dome to turn into a cloche they never have any. Bummer. Sorry I wasn't able to admire your cloche collection last week. I was out of town. Thanks for linking to Transform Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.