Friday, August 13, 2010

Glass and Gorilla Glue

I don't even know why I do this!
Really, I am not very good at it. . .
I mean, my blog can't even compare to some
of the other blogs out there in Bloggerville.
And the talent that is on the other bloggs is incredible.
I feel like I am the lost soul looking in through the window
at all these bright, charming, talented other people.
I enter all these blog linky parties
just hoping I will be accepted by the
in crowd of Bloggerville.
My ideas are old-fashioned,
My presentation lacks luster and pazazz.
My photo shots are crappy
I don't know how to take good pictures
and a good photo shows off you project.
Oh darn! I am having a pitty party!
But, the show must go on
I am committed to this blog and the people that do
take the time to visit.
So, I will pull my boot straps up and wade through my
self pitty and I will try to make the best of it.
I have decided I am not a "Treasure Finder"
I am an old JUNKER.
Ya, that is what it is called. . . . .
Doesn't sound very good
but it is true.
I am admitting it I am
Just an Old Junker
Some of the junk I like to find are pieces of glass
candy dishes, plates, bowls, cloche's and candle sticks.
Then . . . . . .

I use my new found love. . . . well I have always loved it.
GORILLA GLUE!
I glue the candle stick to the candy dish. . . .

I weigh it down with something heavy, (a book is good)
wait about 15 minutes.
and I have a new found creative object.

You can put candy and treats right in the dish,
there is no "toxic" glue that touches the inside.
I think the dish has an elegant look to it.
Something different and unique.



Even things I already have, I have added a pedestal to it.
My Aunt gave me the dried flowers in the jar,
It wasn't something I really cared about,
But once I raised it up on the pedestal
It gave it a new, more elegant look


I find the glass at my favorite thrift store DI.
I can always find plenty of candle holders and glass bowels
It is sometimes hard to find the ones with lids on them.
Those are the ones I like
I use my favorite glue, Gorilla Glue
and I have something that looks
unique and different.


I will soon be showing you the rest of my shelf
and the grouping around the shelf. . . . . .

I just hope you will all be patient with me
as I learn how to live in Bloggerville.
And I hope I can lean how to deliver my things the way
so many of you do.
My heart is in this. . . . . .
I love seeing all the other bloggs
and the great ideas and projects out there
I want to do so many of them.
I guess everything takes time.
And I know that probably better than most.









7 comments:

  1. Are you kidding me?? You can sew, paint, crochet...omygoodness, woman...You have TALENT.
    Me, on the other hand, am TALENTLESS. GOD didn't bless me with any of these talents but....I LOVE HIM ANYWAY!! :))

    I love your glass....you did an awesome job on using that STOOONG glue. We tried it ONCE...to glue a rung back in a chair. The stuff GREW and GREW and GREW....took us forever to get it off the chair. You might say we used a tad too much. hahaaa..so, see..YOU have the talent to use the silly stuff...I sure don't.

    Thanks for coming by...hope you'll come often...I sure will be back to see you...I am your newest follower..
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi..I’m Barb….I am from FF. I am your newest follower. I hope you will get a chance to visit my blog @ santasgiftshoppe.blogspot.com & get inspired by something for your family/home. I hope you will follow me as well. I also would love for you to be a new Fan of my Facebook page too & click “LIKE” in the upper right hand corner of my blog & you’ve done it..Thanks so much! I am just starting at Facebook. Nice to meet ya new friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you on the pictures. Mine are just blah...but they get the message across. I think yours do too :)

    I also adore this project! I've made cake stands & now am branching out into things like this. Good job! Also, I am your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snap out of the pity party because you have a wonderful blog! I love this glass piece :) At first I thought it came like that - thanks for the inspiration!

    ~Emily N. from "too Blessed to Stress"

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a very creative twist. What a pretty candy dish.

    Thankss for entering the DIY Club party.

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a great blog and great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Because you used Gorilla Glue, you can also enter our Gorilla Glue contest. Just click on Special Event Parties.
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.