Friday, January 28, 2011

A Day of Painting

A Day Painting
Oh, I am so anxious to get this finished.
This buffet is the "Big Find"
I told you about in previous posts. . .
No, I didn't find it at DI
DI doesn't get something this nice and in this condition
 I found it on KSL.com Classified
(for those of you outside of Utah it is a Utah classified on the t.v. station)
 I paid a little more than I normally pay for used furniture
(it was still a steal)
But
It is DREXEL
And it is solid wood (I think it is pecan, or something like that)
I know Drexel makes very nice durable furniture.
 The Primer is on!
I know all you wood purists are having a tizzy fit
That I am painting it. . . .
 I left the Drexel stamp in the drawer un- painted.
So future generations will know who made it.
And future generations will probably have a tizzy fit that it is
Painted. . . .
She is a beautiful piece of furniture
And she is going to be beautiful in the color
I chose
Martha Stewart
Faded Ink
You will see her in all her beauty in a few days
This painting takes time and it is hard work.
But, oh, I love doing it.
Be sure to check back. . .

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful piece, I really love it! Can't wait to see it all done up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a find! Can't wait to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a gorgeous piece, love the shape! looking forward to the next phase!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Karie, the piece is really cool, I love it...I see what you mean by it missing something. Where are you putting it? I'm not sure of the glaze because of the softness of the color. Have you considered doing a light brush of white to keep the softness, it might give it a little contrast...good luck with it and I'll watch to see how it turns out, I'm sure it will be fab! great to have lunch last week. love ya

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.