Monday, December 13, 2010

My Handmade Nativity

Isn't this the
Reason we Celebrate this Season?
 Displayed in my Home
Is the Nativity Scene
I made in 1985
 Displayed on the beautiful
Side-board
My Aunt and Cousin
made for me
 The doily I also crocheted.
 The Wise Men
 Wise Men Still Seek Him
 The Humble Shepherd's
And The Angel announcing His Birth
 This is the Season we Pause from Our hectic Life
To Celebrate His Wondrous Birth
 Reverently My
Nativity
Symbolizes my Love for Him
For it is He who was born in
Bethlehem
Jesus Christ
The Great Redeemer
The Son of God
The Savior of The World

I will be linking to these fabulous parties:

6 comments:

  1. Found you through Happier than a Pig in the Mud Link. LOVE your home-made things, and from others. They are the best kind!!! I'm following your blog now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post full of beautiful sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hand made nativity is displayed beautifully on the great doily you crocheted, it looks like it was made for that table! There are a lot of fun pieces in your set, love the little free standing sheep! Thank you for joining in:@)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really enjoying the simple white nativity sets and that you made it is every more enjoyable!!! Wonderful reason for the season!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So exquisite! Simple and meaningful :)

    CHRISTmas Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a friend who owned a ceramics shop back in the early 80's. She had a gorgeous little nativity scene in greenware (is that what it's called?). I asked her to just paint it white or off-white for me. She actually did it in white, then put a thin, light brownish glaze on it before firing it. It was so lovely! On the manger itself, she did a pearlized finish after the light brownish glaze, so it would stand out a bit, I guess. I just gave that set to my son, as he wanted one to share with his fiancee. I kept the one that my Mom hand-picked from Woolworth's one year, looking over each piece, looking for flaws or paint mistakes. My brothers and I 'helped' her as she stood there looking through each and every character for the Nativity scene! She made the manger herself with cardboard, plaster of Paris, some paint and some straw. This set is my most treasured Christmas decoration. And I'm thrilled that my son would want one to share with the love of his life! Leslie Anne

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.