Monday, December 20, 2010

Decoration Show-Off

Have you ever noticed that
It's the little things you decorate with
That seem to "show-off" your decorating efforts?
I have a few "little things" that
I love decorating with
And some have a sentimental value to me. . .
Take a peek at a few of the things that
"show-off"
 This precious little decorations is so cherished
I would leave it out year round if I could
You see, my little boy made it over 35 years ago!
In a little art class in school. . . .
Some people would have discard it a long time ago,
But, Oh, NOT ME!
Whatever my children made I hang on to

 His little boy is checking it out.
He helped me put decoration out. . .
 This is a Fitz and Floyd dish
My sister-in-law gave it to me along time ago
 I fill it with red and gold ornaments
And display it on a table.
 Look at the detail of the bow. . .
It is so pretty. . . . I really enjoy it.
 This is a beautiful milk-glass bowl
I found it at the thrift store this summer
It is part of my milk-glass collection
(I'll show you someday)
I also fill it with red and gold ornaments.
 I wish I knew where I got this snowman.
And I wish I had bought more!
He is part of my snowmen collection
 A friend gave me this snowman
And that is what started me seriously collecting
Snowmen
It is a Jim Shore. . .  I like his figurines. .
 This snowman is the largest one I have
He is so beautiful
The detail is incredible.
(Another Jim Shore)
I leave my Snowmen out for January decorations.
I have more and I will show you them later.
Like I said,

4 comments:

  1. I love your snowman collection and the pretty plate, but your precius treasure from your son is what really stole my heart. I love that you have it to share with his son. How priceless is that. Thanks so much for joining TTT and I hope you have a very Blessed Christmas. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful!! I love all of your things, but the sweet craft that your son made is priceless! My Mom has always kept the little things I made for her as a child. Now, every year, my two children (ages 5 & 7) help decorate her 'special' tree and hang ornaments that I made! I hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas!
    ~Hollly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the gifts that are made by my children or grandchildren. That little ornament is lovely as are your other beautiful things. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ornaments and decorations. Love home made crafts. Thanks for joining the party and Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.