Monday, August 29, 2011

Daughter's Kitchen Revealed--Beautiful!

I am so excited to show you
My Daughter's Kitchen. .
You may recall early in the summer
I told you how she wanted to Re-do her kitchen. .
 This is how it looked after she took all the
Wall-paper and border off the walls and back-splash
The story goes that she was thinking of painting the cupboards
Dark Brown. . .(oh, no!)
I suggested to her that she paint them a deep dark Red
Then antique over them. .
And that she paint the walls a creamy yellow. ..
She was a little sceptical at first but later 
Admitted deep in her heart she wanted them Red
She just didn't know how it would go over with her Husband, RJ.
Well, with some gentle persuasion she convinced him
Red was the way to go and Yellow was the color for the walls. .

He was soon on-board and suggested
 bead-board and crown molding!

 RJ is one handy guy and soon it was all taking shape
Well, here it is today!
TA-DA
It is so cute!
 I love all the cute "country" things she has on the drop-down

 She actually found the curtains she wanted
 Before she started painting. . .
Just so happens they match!
 Daughter and her Husband did a beautiful job
I just showed them how to paint the cupboards
And how to antique them. . .
 They worked on this during the hot months of July and August
When I would go in the garage to help paint. . .
I would have to leave
Too hot for this Momma!
 Just a few minor things to finish up. .
She wants a glass door for her pantry. . And
She has some old windows she wants to fix up
For the drop-down shelves. .
Good job Sweetie!
She says she isn't talented like her Momma,
But I disagree!
She out-shines me in so many ways.

She used
Martha Stewart Paint - Barn Red
Antique was Min-Wax -  Provincial
Behr - Whisper Yellow

I am linking to
Shabby Creek Cottage/Transformation Thursday
Bunny Jean Decor/Bunny Hop Wednesday

16 comments:

  1. Hi Karie! Oh, I love your daughter's kitchen! Love the red and she is talented! Not everyone would have the nerve to paint their cabinets red! I love it. I had red walls in my kitchen for about 6 years or so and just loved them!
    Your daughter is a cutie too.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your daughter's kitchen! This is an amazing transformation! I love the red cabinets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter is so talented! Love her kitchen and the red looks awesome here. Thanks for sharing.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous job. Love the red, everything looks wonderful and her cabinet displays are perfect. You should be so proud of them. They did a fabulous job. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh it is wonderful...the red is fabulous! She should be so proud!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, I love this! They did a fantastic job and you were to sweet to guide them along the way. It looks like they put in totally new cabinets. You were spot on with the colors. Yes, you are one hot Mama! Talent wise that is!!LOL.
    Thanks for your sweet visit. Hugs, Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job, it looks fabulous:-)
    Thanks for stopping by, hugs Biljana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful kitchen! I love, love the red cabinets. I would paint my cabinets in a heart beat if I could only talk Gary into it, I'm still working on him LOL.
    The kids did a great job! it all looks perfect in every way. I know it was a lot of hard work, but now they can sit back and enjoy what they have accomplished.
    Have a sweet day, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the red and yellow combination in the kitchen. Ya'll did a wonderful job! Thanks for stopping by and seeing my kitchen redo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh you all got it done! YAY! It looks marvelous!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute! I love the red!!! really good choice! Your daughter must be so proud to have such a creative Momma! :D

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  12. The cabinets look great, that color with the yellow walls look so good. Thanks for visiting and leaving such a nice comment.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh! I love the red! Beautiful job. Visiting from Wow Us Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Men! Why are they SO afraid to paint wood?

    The red cabinets look fabulous and the yellow walls finish the look. Love everything about that kitchen. What a lucky daughter you have... to have you ;)

    Thanks so much for sharing this with my Wednesday's Bunny Hop Party!

    xoxo Bunny Jean
    @Bunny Jean's Decor and More!
    (my MAIN blog)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your daughters kitchen is just delightful! I adore that red.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  16. These look terrific. I had red cabinets in my first house and just loved them. So glad you came to the party!

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.