Monday, August 22, 2011

Blue Early American Chair

Well, hello Blogger Friends!
Where is the time going? Another Monday is here!
And August is on it's way out and going fast.
Ooooo I don't like it!
Don't get me wrong I love the Autumn season
But, oh my, Time, please slow down a bit.
Not ready to let Summer go.
Oh, well, I can't do anything about it. .
Just enjoy the days and the moments I am in.
Well, anyhoo, on to my cute
Blue Chair. .

I found this adorable Early American style chair
At DI for $8.00
I have always loved Early American style of furniture.
When I was first married in the mid 60's (1966)
Early American was my choice in furniture style.
It just always seemed so cozy and homey. .
So when I came across this piece at the thrift store
Of, course I had to have it.
It is solid maple. . . .
This is it now!
 It had a broken spindle. .
But my son-in-law made a new one for me.
I actually spray painted this chair. .
Chairs are so time consuming to paint.
So I used my favorite spray-paint. . .Rust-Oleum
Colonial Blue.
 I think my next painting project will be the table you see
It is Early American also. . .1966
I am really pleased with how The Blue Chair it turned out.
It looks cute in my living room. ..
The chair is sturdy, and comfortable.
My Living room is small,
So I can't have a large chair in there.
This fits just perfectly.

Well, I am off to run errands and then
Spend some time getting my crocheting project done
So I can show you. . .
A little side note. . Daughter's kitchen transformation is almost
Ready for the big reveal. . .I can hardly wait to show you.

Linking to these fine gals. . .Be sure to visit them


10 comments:

  1. So pretty! I love the color! I'm a blue and white gal so I pretty much swoon for anything blue! Found you via Dittle Dattle. Pop on over for a visit when you get a moment. Tootles, Kathryn
    http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2011/08/what-do-you-see.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karie,
    I love your blue chair...it looks great! and what a deal..can I come shopping with you.

    Have a sweet day, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karie! I love that sweet little chair and you made it completely adorable with the pretty blue paint and cushion! How wonderful your son in law could make the spindle! I think that little table would look nice painted blue too!
    Thank you for popping into see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cute chair and how you got it all fixed up, cute cushion too! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you've done here. This chair will definitely add a wonderful splash of color to any room!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This chair is SO cute and I adore this look too! Cant wait to see your crocheting! :D

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your chair looks very pretty in blue. I love old chair designs and have quite a few Windsors but I would love to find one with arms.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi lovely lady.
    I love your pretty Blue Chair !!! You did a great job with this color. I see you are going to paint the table the same color this is going to be so sweet together. I would like to thank you so much for your sweet comments on my new Tablescape with my only Rooster. I hope you and your family have a great week.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karie, the transformation of this sweet chair is beautiful! That Colonial blue really makes the chair pop. And the perfect little pillow completes it! Thank you for joining TTF and have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.