Thursday, July 14, 2011

Madalin Chair/Harp Back

I finally finished the
Madalin Chair
(that is the name I gave her)
It is a beautiful Harp Back Chair
I found it at DI several months ago. . .
 I thought for sure I had a picture of the before look
But, I guess I didn't take a picture of the poor little thing.
She was actually in real good shape. . . . just ugly!
 It is always amazing how a little paint and pretty upholstery
Can make such a dramatic change. . .
 After painting it white. . . it did  need a little character so. .
I shabbied it. . .(distressing)
 I am going to sell her. . . I don't know how I will be able to
Part with her. . . .When I re-create something
 I become attached.
But, my house is filling up with my attachments. .
So. . .I will sell Madalin to someone who will love her.
 I think she is probably from the 1940's
A knock-off of the Duncan Phyfe Style.
She is so pretty. . .I really enjoyed
Re-Creating her. . .
And she looks very well in my home!

I am going to linky this little creation with
Some of the great blog parties. .
Hope you will visit them
French Country Cottage/Feathered Nest

And Please Come Back Again!
K


15 comments:

  1. Cute chair..I have one like it but mine doesn't have the arms. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. REALLY pretty Karie, great job!!! She's sell super quick I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is a real beauty! Did you use the chalk paint? I love the distressing. She will be hard to part with, but someone will surely love her. I hope Mandalin goes to a nice home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty redo on this gorgeous chair!! Love the shape!! Saw your post on you bedroom also- so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the delicate detail on the back of the chair.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty chair and an excellent redo. Well done!
    Have a wonderful day!
    ~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Karie, thanks for visiting and leaving a comment. I like what you did to the old chair. It looks really nice. Have a great weekend. Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love the chair! really pretty! I love what you did with it! :D

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that is one sweet chair!! I adore the back!! And you did a fabulous refinishing job!!

    HPS!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute! We would love for you to come share this at our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday" link party! http://sixsistersstuff.blogspot.com/2011/07/strut-your-stuff-saturday-week-2.html

    Love,
    The Sisters @ sixsistersstuff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute chair, Karie! I think I would have a hard time parting with it too. Happy Pink Saturday.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gotta love a gorgeous harp back chair!! This is so pretty!! Thanks for linking up at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Karie,
    Your chair is so cute! I love the pink striped covering you used!
    Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a sweet comment.
    I have a feeling your creative space is very nice. I hope you post photos someday soon.
    Hugs to you lovely lady!
    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beatuiful redo Karie! It turned out to be a very pretty chair. Thank you for joining TTF and I hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This chair is seriously darling and you are just so cute! Your blog is so fun to look at! Thank you so much for linking up to Strut Your Stuff Saturday- we would LOVE to have you come back tomorrow and link up more of your great posts!
    -Camille @ The Six Sisters
    http://sixsistersstuff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.