Sunday, July 17, 2011

Creating With Thread

Oh how I love doilies!
My Grandma Dot taught me how to
Crochet. . when I was a young girl
My Granny also crocheted
 I come from a long line of women who
Create with Thread
I am so glad I know how to do this
Beautiful Art
Here is one I just finished. . .

I love how it looks on my oak dining table

I have a lot of doilies. . .and each one is
Special and Beautiful.

I recently read a sweet article in the magazine
Crochet World
The title is "A Connecting Thread"
I could relate to the author, Kerrie Barney
She too came from a long line of women
Who made beautiful things out of thread. . . .
She said her mother would tell her
"All the women of our line are extremely
Talented in the fiber arts. 
There is something in the hands,
An itch to create."
Well I have inherited something in
My hands. . .an itch to create.
I am linking this with

10 comments:

  1. Its lovely...I can't even imagine how to make something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karie! Oh, what a beautiful doily you've crocheted and it looks perfect on your table. I crochet too and have made a few doilies and have given most of them away. You're inspiring me to pick up my needles and go to town! :)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful doily! My cousin taught me to crochet when I was about 20. I didn't start reading patterns on my own until a few years ago. It has been blogging that has spurred me on to try many different designs. Although I am still pretty much a novice, and have yet to crochet with thread, I do enjoy my time with hook in hand each and every day. Have a great day. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. How absolutely gorgeous. I love doilies. I can't crochet or knit. What treasures you are creating...and yes, the little cameras came from the Dollar Tree!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your doily, you are talented! My granny tried to teach, but I never could and my mother did too and never could!! Anyway, you're so lucky you could and now, look! I love it where you put it too. Lots of hugs, FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful I love doilies on everything I enjoyed making them but now I have to wear those darn bi focals so I can see my stitches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely. I have numerous doilies and handkerchiefs made or used by both of my grandmothers and great greatmother. I have two pieces made by the later (thread pulled). Many of them are framed between two pieces of glass in the sunroom.
    Dropping by from Met Monday.

    Allison
    Atticmag

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an incredible skill! It's a treasure for certain.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful doilies! Incredible skill! It's always a pleasure to visit your lovely site!
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.