Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Natural Residents Come To The City

I love seeing Deer, and Elk in the mountains, 
in their natural habitat.
In recent years the Deer have been 
moving closer into the city.
It still is thrilling to see them but unfortunately
it has caused many dangerous conditions
for the deer.  Mainly being hit by cars.
I don't really understand the natural migration of
wild animals, or why they are moving closer to
the human population, that they are very
weary of.  I don't remember as a child seeing
wildlife in the city.  
We would only see them in the 
foothills and mountains.


I know human population is encroaching upon
the habitat of the wildlife.

Needless to say, there are some incidents of
deer coming to visit there human neighbors.


Just look at how beautiful they are!
They are in my friends father's backyard.
Just enjoying a summer afternoon under the
shade trees and eating the grass and the fruit from the trees.


It is absolutely beautiful to me. . . 
They frequent Mr. Pomeroy's yard and his neighborhood's
yard frequently.  Like several times a day.
These pictures were taken from looking out the window.
If anyone had gone outside they would have 
jumped that fence faster than lightening.


I think there are a few lessons that we 
can learn from the deer.


I think I will add one more lesson. . . 
It's good to stay with the Herd.

Have a beautiful late summer day!


I am back to work for the school year.
I hope I can keep posting regularly,
I come home tired, and I don't have as
much to post about.
But I will do my best to stay in touch.
I hope to post no less than 5 or 6 times a month.
I love, love my friends who stick with me.
That is what belonging to a Herd/Tribe does for me.
We stick together.
Karie

6 comments:

  1. Karie, we have lots of deer in our town as well. They seem to be less and less afraid of people. It makes me sad when I see a dead one along side the road! Those buck photos are fabulous. Magnificent creatures for sure! Loved what we can learn from deer. :) Good luck at work!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karie,
    We used to see deer here in our development but not so much now that the shopping center has been built next to us. We did see a doe and her 2 babies when we went o see my niece and great nieces last week at the entrance to their development! They are beautiful creatures and I simply can not understand how someone can shoot one of those beautiful creatures!!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, so good to hear from you. And I totally agree, I can't understand how someone can shot a beautiful creature. Hugs to you my friend.

      Delete
  3. Karie,
    Good Morning, my friend!! I hope you are adjusting to going back to work...Thanks so much for stopping by and for your sweet comments!! They always brighten my days!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. We truly can learn from the deer! I loved this post. Thank for the heart warmer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karie,
    Thanks so much for stopping by and for taking the time to leave such heartfelt comments!! From what i have seen on your face book site, it looks like you have a wonderful Labor Day weekend with family!! Good for you!!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.