Sunday, August 4, 2019

Little Blue Chair

Well HELLO,
And a beautiful day
Hello to you.

I hope today is going well for you and your loved ones.
Are you settled yet, into August?
I don't think I ever settle into this month.
This is the month, I am trying to tie the
ends of summer because I start back to work.
I am a part-time Secretary at a
Elementary School here in town.

So in a previous post I mentioned I had a project fail.


Well, this little chair is the culprit.
But first a story about the little chair.
My great-Aunt found it for me,

My Grandma,  had a cute little chair like this one.
Many, many years ago I found my Grandma's chair in an old shed
at my Great grandparents place.
I ask Grandma if I could have it and she said "yes".
Well!
Before I could take it home with me
mt great Uncle decided to clean out the shed and
haul all the old furniture to the trash. . .
Oh No!
Not only was the little chair of my Grandma's in there.
There were many, many old antique 
Family Heirlooms.
I was heartsick, as many other family members were.

Fast forward to a few years ago. . .


My sweet great- Auntie remembered my 
Grandma's chair and she remembered how much
I wanted it.
She found a similar little chair at a thrift store.
It was in rough condition, but with some
tender loving care, and some pretty blue paint


I had a little blue chair like Grandma's
No, it is not my Grandma's chair, it is long gone.
But, the replacement holds it's own memories.

When my Granddaughter's were little they would pull this chair
up to the big round coffee table I have.
They spent hours coloring, playing games, and even having 
tea parties while sitting on this chair at my coffee table.


Well, as with all things, the little chair needed a "re-do".
That's when I took paint brush in hand
and gave her a couple of coats of
Behr Chalk Paint. Color is Durango Blue.
Then I used dark brown Behr Wax to give her the antique look.

The Granddaughters are all grown up now. (Tears)
But the Little (Blue) Chair will continue
to be useful and will be used.
Just in different ways, and then God-willing there will
be little Great-Granddaughters
and back to the coffee table the little chair will go


I believe furniture is not only needful and useful
But they also hold stories to tell and most of all
They have 
Sweet Memories.

Karie



4 comments:

  1. Karie,
    I LOVED reading the story about the little blue chair!! The finish on it looks lovely!!Such a darling piece!!
    My nephew was discharged to home today with Hospice. There is nothing more that they could do for him and even though he fought such a hard fight, it is just a fight that he can not win. So he wants to die at home and that is where he is. We just pray that he will not suffer much longer...our hearts are breaking for his daughters and wife...
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karie! Oh, I'm sad about your grandmother's little chair but did love the story about this one and it's sweet little memories. It's a pretty little thing and that blue color is beautiful on it. Karie, you don't know how your sweet sweet comments bless my heart. Thank you, my looooooooooong time blogging friend.
    You're always a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s a lovely little chair, but especially for the memories you have attached to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karie,
    Thanks so much for stopping by and for your kind words in regards to the passing of my dear nephew. It is greatly appreciated...
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.