Friday, December 14, 2012

My New Hutch

I have to confess!
I have a new (to me) hutch!
Yep. . .I do.
I bought it on pure emotion.
My sweet Auntie Carol had one just like it.
I saw it in an antique shop in March
The sweet lady that owned the shop let me make payments.
I brought it home in October.
But, I waited til now to have her
Grand Showing!
This hutch will never be painted. . .
She is made of solid maple wood. 
Just a beautiful piece of craftsmanship.
I believe she is an Ethan Allen piece
From the late 1950's 
My Aunt bought hers in the 1960's
She has been so fun to decorate for Christmas
Love, love this beautiful hunk of wood!
At the antique shop I spotted these
Red Transfer-ware plates. . 
Well, I had to have them.
Perfect for the hutch.
I also show-case my Christmas salt and pepper shakers.
Love the snowmen and the santas
My Aunt was so dear to me. . and every time
I walk in my kitchen and see this beautiful hutch it 
Reminds me of her.
I am a sentimental person. . I guess you would call me
A Memory Keeper.
Sorry to have so many pictures. . .But
I just had to show-off my 
Hutch.
Hope you will come back for more. . .
Christmas decorating at my home.
K
I am linking with these blogs
Be sure to visit them. . 



8 comments:

  1. Hi Karie! Oh, congratulations on your new hutch. I love it! Guess what? I have it's cousin! Yes, I do. Mine is a two drawer and a little smaller. But go look at posts in my breakfast room and you'll see it! Now I've have mine a few years and the backing was in bad shape so I added scrapbook paper to it to cover up the bad wood. Then I decided to paint it, yes, I did and I love my results. Right now it's filled with my glitter houses! I just this style of hutch so much and yours looks wonderful all dressed up for Christmas. Love your pretty plates you found too! Thanks for popping in to see me and Merry Christmas.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Shelia, I know you have your beautiful hutch. I visit all the time and I have always loved yours. You were inspiration for me to get mine too. .along with my Auntie. Thanks for stopping by. Love hearing from you. Hugs, Karie

      Delete
  2. Karie,

    That is one lovely hutch. I think my corner cabinet is a match for it. (There we go again). We must be kin to each other. I bought mine in 1976 at the hardware/furniture store where I worked. We had just built a new house, and it sat in the eat-in kitchen. I'll take a picture and e-mail it to you. You've decorated it beautifully! Love the transferware too! You did good!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there dear friend. We surely must be kindred spirits. So many things we have alike. That makes me happy. Please do send me a picture of yours or better still blog about it. Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear from you. Hugs, Karie

      Delete
  3. Karie,
    This is very similar to the hutch we found this summer at an estate sale. When we brought it home I couldn't believe I finally owned it! I have wanted a English style cupboard like this forever! Looks like it was right out of Bewitched's (tv show) house. I always loved that house as a little girl. Yours looks beautiful! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE IT! :D I think this is a beautiful piece indeed, better still because you have sweet memories of one just like it! :) I love the craftsmanship!

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowza! That is one beautiful hutch! It looks so perfect in your home! You have such a wonderful homemaker's touch. Definitely a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Hutch.I own a hutch many years ago and I gave to my niece . I love red .Like your tablecloth and your dishes Your house looks so Christmas cosy.

    May you be on the mend. How awful to fall. My friend 6 weeks before Christmas just broke her ankle. So we made meales and goodies for her in the weeks.

    Take care but to do what you did here deco. You must of been walking from table to chair inspite of your fall to make it so lovely. Or maybe your fall was after you did all the deco.
    Love your deco. Beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.