Thursday, December 20, 2012

Christmas In The Kitchen and Red Cardinals

Hello dear friends!
I am a little slow on posting for this week.
I had a small accident a couple of days ago
So I have been taking it easy.
That darn "BLACK ICE". . 
I slipped and fell and landed on my knee.
And of course the rest of my body took the impact.
I am so afraid of falling. . .
I am so very grateful that I didn't have any broken bones.
I know I was being watching over.
Those sweet Angels cushioned my fall. . .
I am dong ok, just moving slowly, and resting a lot.
I wanted to show you a few more things from my home.
 My kitchen/dining are is all ready for the 
Jackson Family Christmas Eve Party
17 of us this year. . one grandson is serving a 
Mission in Tampa Florida and won't be with us this year.
 I am loving this cute wooden tray that I found at JoAnn's
70% off!
I decorated it for fall and now it is my
Christmas center piece on the table.
The table cloth I found many years ago at K-Mart
It is Martha Stewart
(I miss Martha Stewart when she was in K-Mart. . she was cheaper!)
 I recently added the mirrored shutter wall hanging.
Do you notice the red cardinals on the ledge?
They are salt and pepper shakers.
Of course there is a story behind them. . .
Did you know that Utah doesn't have Red Cardinal's
I don't know why. . .guess I better look that up.
But we don't see them here.
When my granddaughter was in Virginia visiting her cousins.
She went to an Antique shop. . . she wanted to find me 
Salt and Pepper shakers to give me.
She found an adorable set. . but her little cousins
(from her other family)  also wanted
To also send Brissa's Grandma some salt and pepper shakers. . 
They wanted ones that represented Virginia. . 
They picked out these antique  Red Cardinal salt and pepper shakers.
I think they are beautiful. . .and they have such 
a special story behind them. . 
Nothing fancy. .  
But lots of joy and fun. . 
Showing you my humble home
At Christmas time. . 
The big day is just around the corner. . .
K
I am linking with . .






6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you stopped by today & left a comment!

    Your table is so festive! I know your family will enjoy celebrating there on Christmas Eve. I love the cute red birds! I did not know there are no cardinals in Utah, interesting.

    Merry Christmas to you & yours!

    Smiles,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Karie! and noticed that the design on your tablecloth is snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cardinals don't live west of the Rockies. We have them here in Kansas though, and they are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Karie...your Christmas table is looking so good. I love your red and white cloth...and the centerpiece looks fantastic.

    O, and I wanted to tell you that my mother was a Jackson....:))
    Have a great Christmas.
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I am so glad you didn't break anything, that is definitely a blessing. I love all of your wonderful red decor, so pretty. I hope you have a very Blessed and Merry Christmas. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is the only thing about snow and ice this time of year- I have had several friends hurt themselves falling already. I am so glad you didn't break anything!

    Your table and decor is so pretty! Love all the red- I didn't use any red this year and think it will be coming back next year for sure!

    Enjoy precious time with your family!

    bee blessed
    mary

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.