Friday, December 14, 2012

In The Hollow of His Hands


I pray for the safety and protection of All our children.
At times the world can be a very scary place.

I pray for children
who sneak popsicle before supper
who erase holes in math, work books
Who can never find their shoes.

And I pray for those
who can=t bound down the street in new sneakers,
who never Acounted potatoes,@
who are born in places I wouldn=t
be caught dead in.
who never go to the circus
who live in an X-rated world.

I pray for those
who never get dessert
who have no safe blanket to drag behind them,
who watch their parents watch them die
who can=t find any bread to steal
who don=t have any rooms to clean up
whose pictures aren=t on anybody=dresser
whose monsters are real.

I pray for children
            who throw tantrums at the grocery store 
who like ghost stories
who shove dirty clothes under the bed,
who never get visits from the tooth fairy.
who never get a kiss goodnight
And no one reads a story to them.

I pray for children 
Who do not know who God is
And have never gone to church.

And I pray for those
whose nightmares come in the daytime.
who will eat anything
who will never see a dentist
who aren=t spoiled by anybody.
who go to bed hungry
who cry themselves to sleep,
who live and move, but have no being.

 I pray for children who want to be carried
and for those who must.
For those we never give up on
and for those who don=t get
a second chance.

For those I smother with love... 

And for those who will grab the hand of anybody
kind enough to offer it.



God Bless The Children.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.