Wednesday, July 24, 2019

July 24th ~ Pioneer Heritage ~ Celebration

Hello!
I am glad you stopped by.

It's another HOT Summer day!
And also it is a holiday today in Utah.
Every year we Celebrate our
Pioneer Heritage.
July 1847 Brigham Young proclaimed
"This Is The Place"
From that time forward until the 
Transcontinental Railroad was completed in 
May 1869 thousand of members of
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
traveled the treacherous terrain of the Mormon Trail
Crossing 1300 miles of desert plains, 
high rocky mountain passes. Crossing overflowing
streams and rivers. Rainy days and hot sunny days, 
freezing weather, muddy trails. Disease, death, childbirth,
accidents, hardships and heartache.
All this and more.
With Courage and Faith.
Believing in a living God.


Faith In Every Footstep.

They are mine and I am theirs


I am who I am because of them!
I will forever be thankful for my Pioneer Heritage.







1 comment:

  1. Karie,
    What an amazing heritage and what a wonderful journey to celebrate!! I honestly am not familiar with this but I did love hearing about it!! My paternal grandparent and my Maternal Great Grandparents immigrated here from Poland and settled in NEPA because of the coal mines. Thanks so much for your visits!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.