Saturday, July 6, 2019

Hollkyhock Memories

Hello!  I am so glad you stopped by.
I hope we are all recovered from the
4th of July.
It is a big deal around here.
And you know how much I love it.
Well, after all the decorating, planning 
and the excitement of being with my family
and friends, BBQ, Fireworks!
Parade. .. . Rodeo. . 
Oh yes.  It is a big celebrataion.
And guess what?
I missed it? Yes I missed it!
I was sick with a
 Migraine!
I was so upset . . . I missed it!

Well I am ok now. After it is over. . .
Today I have a tender memory to share with you.
My friend Trish ask me if I liked Hollyhock's


I love Hollyhock's.  
They remind me of my childhood 

Trish ask if I had ever made a Hollyhock doll?
Yes, yes!  I made Hollyhock dolls from the 
beautiful bloom of the Hollyhock.


Many summer evenings me and my Grandma Dot
would walk to my Grandma's friend Beth's house.
She just lived a block away.  Beth had a big
beautiful back yard, tall old trees gave a lot of shade
and she had a lot of flowers and garden paths.
She and Grandma would sit in Beth's long swing that
had a soft cushion and a canopy over the top.
They would sip on sweet lemon tea in tall
ice filled glasses and catch up on all the
things that was happening in our little town
and neighborhood.


Beth showed me how to make
Hollyhock doll's.
While she and my Grandma visited
I was picking Hollyhock's and making dolls.
My imagination would carry me away 
as I made those sweet flower dolls.
Soon it would be time for me and Grandma to
walk back home before it got dark.



Oh how I cherish this tender memory of 
my precious Grandma Dot and her friend Beth
and Hollyhock Dolls.

Have you ever made Hollyhock dolls?


Linking with







4 comments:

  1. Oh I loved seeing the hollyhocks. I wish I could plant them in my garden. Sadly, my two dogs are chewers and hollyhocks are on the poisoness to pets list. Maybe in pots? Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura for stopping by and leaving a comment. Hugs to you. Karie

      Delete
  2. I've never made hollyhock dolls, but they sound wonderful! Thank you for sharing your heart---your writing is wonderful!

    Happy day!

    KariAnne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karie,
    So sorry that you were ill for the 4th!!! I know how you feel having missed the celebration because that is how I felt when I was sick after Christmas and had to cancel our family New Year's Eve and Day dinners...
    I never heard of Hollyhock dolls...I tried growing hollyhocks in my little back yard cottage garden to no avail...Thanks so much for stopping by and for your sweet and encouraging comment on my light house! I am quite pleased with how it came out. I plan on making a smaller one in aqua and white for the Living Room and I can decorate it more since it will not be out in the elements....I hope you have a great weekend, my friend!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.