Wednesday, May 8, 2013

With Tender Memories

This week, I am dedicating my blog to the
Wonderful Women  who I call
Grandma.
These are my two Great-Grandma's on my
Dad's side of the family
I knew them. . .I loved them. . 
I learned lessons from their lives.
This is my Great-Grandma and Great-Grandpa Daley
Graham Little Daley and
Margaret Eva Simonds Daley
They were the parents to 14 children. . yes I said 14!
10 sons and 4 daughters.
She was an amazing woman. . very creative
Devoted to her family and to her husband.
She lived a long, long life.
I remember her very well.
This is me and her at her 85th birthday party
I was 16 years old. I cherish this picture of
My Great-Grandma Daley and the memories it evokes.
This is Great-Grandma with her four daughters.
Notice how my great-Aunts are dressed.
Mind you we are at the park. . .
They wore dresses, necklaces, and beautiful aprons.
I remember the tables being covered not with plastic
But with tables clothes, and we used "real" dishes.
Ah, how the times have changes.
Her crochet work and her quilting and sewing were
Incredibly beautiful
Hmm, I jut wonder. . .maybe I inherited her talents?
Great-Grandma Daley you taught me so much
Just by your simple goodness.
Thank you. . I am blessed to be your
Great-Granddaughter.

2 comments:

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.