Sunday, November 18, 2012

Thanksgiving Blessings

The day will soon be arriving when I take
Time to gather with family and  friends
To give Thanks for the bounties of this earth.

To you my dear friends I wish you an early
Happy Thanksgiving.
I will be spending the day at my home
 With my two youngest son's
 Blake and Mark and their families.
Four healthy, active grandchildren
 Will grace my Thanksgiving table.
To this I am thankful.
 I would like to share the hymn we sang in 
Church On Sunday
It is an old 1626 Hymn from the Netherlands.
Prayer of Thanksgiving
We gather together to ask the Lord's blessing
He chastens and hastens his will to make known
The wicked oppressing now cease from distressing
Sing praises to his name; 
He forgets not his own.

Beside us to guide us our God with us joining
Ordaining, maintaining his kingdom divine.
So from the beginning the fight we were winning,
Thou, Lord wast at our side;
All glory be thine.

We all do extol thee, thou leader triumphant
And pray that thou still our defender wilt be
Let thy congregation escape tribulation,
They name be ever praised!
O Lord, Make us free!
Wherever you may be 
Whatever your circumstance
My God bless you and your loved ones.
May He keep you safe in His tender care.
 Karie

2 comments:

  1. Hi Karie! Sounds like you're going to have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family! I love that old hymn too.
    Blessings,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Karie...So glad you will be sharing the holiday with family....meee, too. :)
    Blessings on this great holiday.
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.