Thursday, April 11, 2013

My Granny

Well, hello!
Oh, life if a busy place to be. . .
Don't you agree?
My tired hands, eyes, feet, and back
Can attest to the fact that 
My Life is Busy!
I finished my Granny Square Pillows
I am so pleased with how they turned out.
Each one is different. . .their own personalities.
I love, love this one. . 
I think I will make a blanket from this idea.
They are small, medium, and large. . 
Just a simple Granny Square
With so many different colors.
Granny Squares work up very fast.
I make a fabric pillow first and then I hand stitch
The square to the front.
They look so pretty in my home.
Very eye pleasing.
Whenever I work on the Granny Square,
I think of my own Granny
Granny Daley, my Dad's mother
My life was very influenced by both of my Grandmother's
My Granny taught me many things.
She was a kind gentle woman.
She loved the Lord and she glowed with
That love. . 
She was very soft spoken, and quite shy.
She was always busy. . 
She raised nine children. . .yes, I said nine.
She devoted her life to my Papa and her
Children, and Grandchildren.
I love my Granny very much.
The older I get the more I realize what a
Profound influence she was on me.
She was a beautiful crocheter.
I am sure I inherited my talents from her.
I have some of the delicate crochet work she did
I cherish her memory.
I pray that as her granddaughter
My life will emulate the beauty of
My Granny.

I am linking with:
The Dedicated House/Make It Pretty Monday






3 comments:

  1. Such sweet memories. Thanks for sharing these tender thoughts. Your pillows are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such sweet memories. Thanks for sharing these tender thoughts. Your pillows are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love your sweet creations, they are beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing about your Granny! My grandmother was "Granny" and I too learned so much from her and I miss her sooo much! Thanks so much for sharing at Amaze Me Monday!!!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.