Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The Yarn Has Taken Over!

Oh My!
The Yarn Has Taken Over My Life!
Seriously. . all I want to do is crochet this yarn.
And that is pretty much all I have done for the last month
Or More!
I have completed this beautiful shawl for my
Great-Auntie Colleen. . .
Sorry you don't see the full view of it.
It is beautiful and I know she is going to love it.
I started out with a pattern. . .but
I adapted it to what I wanted.
Believe me I need directions, but I must say
This turned out pretty.
And just look at this beautiful amaryllis
It just keeps blooming. . this is the 4th bloom
It must know that I need some kind of hope for Spring.
It has been a long hard winter for me. . .
So I just keep crocheting.
I will show you more in a few days.
Oh that darn Yarn is calling me!
Come back. .. 
K
I am linking with
French Country Cottage
My Romantic Home
The Charm of Home

8 comments:

  1. I'd say your hard work paid off...what a beautiful shawl. I can't imagine a better way to spend cold winter days...great job! xo geneva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty shawl ! I am sure your Aunt will love it !Beautiful Amarylis . Have a great weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Karie! Love it. You know I haven't crocheted in a long time. Just haven't been in the mood. Your work is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beuatiful Shawl!!

    Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving such a kind comment!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shawl is gorgeous! You are so very talented! Your Auntie is going to be one happy lady!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great way to chase away the Winter blues Karie. The shawl looks gorgeous and your Amaryllis is gorgous! finally some wonderful sunshine here on Saturday. Raining today and helping to melt the snow. Yahoo, Spring is on it's way! Thanks for sharing with Share Your Cup.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a wonderful job on this shawl - I live in Colorado but I am from Yorktown, Virginia and was born in Hampton. My parents - elderly - live in Gloucester.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to apologize - I thought you were from
    Virginia which is why I said the above comment.

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.