Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Blue Hutch

Oh, I just can't pass up an ugly piece of furniture!
This poor little hutch was so ugly
Everyone was passing it up. . 
No, I don't have before pictures.
She just didn't want her picture taken
Or. . . maybe I forgot to take the picture!
Well, whatever!
She's a little beauty now. . 
 Her glass was broken, so. . .I used
Chicken wire. . the square kind.
I have her in my "Den"
(Are they called that anymore?)
 She holds some of my Precious Moments.
 Oh, I have a lot more of these little darlings.
Another collection, or is it obsession, of mine.
 I searched and searched for the knobs for her.
I found the perfect knobs at 
Hobby Lobby. . .50% off!
 The knobs, the chicken wire, all suit her just fine.
She is a sweet little piece of furniture!
At first I didn't know what to name her,
 Yes, I am that way. . my creations
Must always have a name.
I think I will call her 
Eliza In Blue!
Please do come back. .  K
You never know what I will come 
Up with next.

I will be linking with these lovely blogs.

8 comments:

  1. I love Eliza! She is gorgeous! Even more so because I saw her before her make-over! I can relate to not wanting to have my picture taken when I am not made up! Great work! Love the chicken wire!! And color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hutch is so pretty! Paint magic! I love the chicken wire too! You did a wonderful job of updating this hutch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karie,
    I love your Eliza Blue! she is just lovely! You dressed her in a pretty shade of blue.
    Now for your little crochet baskets full of candy corn....Oh my goodness how creative are these, I love them so much what a sweet gift these are going to make. Did you have a pattern or is this your own creation?. (I want to make some)
    I have enjoyed my visit today, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spectacular makeover! :) I adore what you did with it! :D

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. you did a great job on that piece! Love the chicken wire in place of glass. And we have a room we call the den :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is beautiful! I have a cabinet I want to turn into a pie cupboard, but chickened out on the chicken wire (excuse the pun! Haha). I think I'll give it a go now! You've encouraged me!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just wanted to stop by and thank you for linking up at Totally Transformed Tuesday and that I featured your post on FB a couple of days ago. Hugs, Peggy~PJH Designs

    ReplyDelete
  8. I Love that hutch. I really like that you used the chicken wire. Very nice.!!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.