Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Temple Picture

Not feeling too well today!
Oh, nothing serious, just a pesty
Cold!
Don't you just hate getting a cold?
Stuffy nose, sore throat, headache. . .
Just feeling crappy all over!
But, I wanted to share with you a beautiful picture
I recently framed.

 As you know I am a "Mormon"
So temples are very important to me.
This is my favorite temple
The Salt Lake Temple
In Salt Lake City, Utah
I was married there to my husband Lloyd.
It is a beautiful addition to my living room.
My daughter and I attended a workshop to make our pictures
of the Salt Lake Temple.
I wish I could give you the name of the photographer,
but the name was never given.
Whom ever it is, took a beautiful "shot" of the temple.
I painted the frame and gave it a little distressing.
The people at the workshop provided the
Gel that I applied to the picture. 
It gives it an "oil painting" texture.

I still need to finish the wall grouping
where my Salt Lake Temple is hung.
I enjoy looking at my picture and family and friends
who come to visit like seeing the
Beautiful
       Salt Lake Temple. . . .

P.S. A gentle blogger told me the name of
the photographer of this beautiful picture
Keli Blain
And
You can buy a kit at
Poppy Seed Projects

5 comments:

  1. A beautiful photo.. I have been to the temple in Utah as a teenager, I went with our youth group..it's very pretty and so huge...
    Have a sweet day and hugs, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks gorgeous! Thanks for sharing, found at Fireflies and Jellybeans link up party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photo and frame!
    smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I just ran across your blog through funky junk interiors. The photographer who took the picture you used is Keli Blain. I love how you can take the look of a photo and turn it into an oil painting, beautiful job! For those who are interested in making one you can buy a kit online at poppyseedprojects.com. I saw these on display at my church and absolutely fell in love. Thanks for showing us your work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just beautiful. What a wonderful piece of art to hang in your home.

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.