Tuesday, November 2, 2010

First November Tablescape

Just pulled out the
November Decorations
And I am trying to figure out how
I want things to look.
I will be changing every day. . .
I know I am not the only one that does that. Am I?
I have so many Thanksgiving decorations . . . .
 And I love all of my decorations!
Some have been with me for a long long time
I am delighted every year when I open the storage box
It is like renewing old acquaintances!
 I like how the sunlight comes through my dining room window
in the November. . .
In the afternoon it lightens everything up so much.
 This little Turkey has been with me a long long time.
I just love her!
I made her many years ago, when my children were young.
 I don't know if I could do that good of a paint job now.
I haven't done detailed painting for so long.
 My table cloth was also made by me
I really like it also.
It is so full of color and so many different leaf prints.
I make most of my table clothes and table runners
 I found this oil painting at the thrift store (DI)
several weeks ago.
It is signed by someone and dated 1979
It was only $5.00
I just couldn't pass it up!
It goes well on my wall in the dining room
during the Autumn time.
So here you have it my Table scape for Today
I am sure I will be changing it.
I move things around all the time.
I will be adding this to several Linky Parties
Check my side bar for all the great bloggers
That Host these Parties
And Please Visit them.

16 comments:

  1. coming from its so very cheri...love your table! im now following you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is so fallish and festive!! You can make a zillion vignettes with all of your decorations. Love it!

    XO,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your turkey. So cute. Your flowers and vignette are so pretty. Great picture too. Thanks so much for linking to TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Thanksgiving decorations. I move things around over and over too.Your little turkey is sooo cute. I don't think I can do the detail work I once did. The old hand isn't as steady as it was... good thing I wasn't a surgeon.
    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karie...

    Well my friend, it looks like you are well on your way to a beautiful Thanksgiving! I love the tablecloth that you made...such pretty, vibrant colors! Ohh my...love that pretty oil painting of the autumn scenery...what a great deal at just $5! I also really enjoyed your little turkey...he's adorable! What a creative and talented lady you are! Thank you so much for sharing your pretties with us!

    Warmest autumn wishes,
    Chari @Happy To Design

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking November tablescape. Thanks for joining my party. I need you to add my link to your post, please.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate your suggestions about the cabinet. I think I probably will leave it white as my dining room is sort of dark for lack of windows and the black may darken it. Love your Thanksgiving decor. I have a lot too. I love the colors of fall. The little turkey is darling. You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice comment, I love your blog too, sure wish I had that creative gene you have!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty tablescape!! I like all your fall touches and that oil painting was a find!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Karie,

    What a pretty table setting! It is always fun to get beautiful things for a great price that make our homes even homier, isn't it? I love going to thrift stores and garage sales.

    I really enjoy your blog. You have a lot of great stuff on here and I look forward to going through it all. Your granddaughters are so cute in their Halloween costumes!

    Take care,

    Kathy Matthews
    Central Oregon

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a festive fall tablescape! Love the colors! I hope you are having a great week!...hugs...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always love the autumn colors more for Thanksgiving than Halloween. Your turkey is so cute and I really like the painting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful table setting! I have to say I adore that painting you found - good eye! Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I'm glad I visited. Now to check out your featured projects >>> I think I spy a cute little stool I must know all about! :)

    Meredith @ Welcome to Heardmont

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Karie! Love your fall decoration and how fun would it be to change them every other day?:) So lovely! I am now following you thanks to New Friend Fridays and it would be so nice if you could share the love back on my blog:)
    Also today we have the coolest blog hop there is... no rules just fun and would love you to join in with us at Boost My Blog Friday :) Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It all looks so good and festive- well done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yeah November! Sweet tablescape. I love how you said getting out your decorations is like renewing old acquaintances...I just wrote a little something about ornaments and included a similar sentiment - great minds!

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.