Wednesday, August 26, 2015

A Little Bit of Change

I know the weather doesn't seem like it is soon to be fall.  But it is on it's way.  I usually don't do any Fall decorating until after Labor Day, but I am going to so a little bit now.
Fall is my favorite time of year. I love the season.  I love the weather, I love football games, I love hearing the chatter of children on the play grounds, I love seeing the school buses transporting the sweet young students.  I just love it all.   Fall is a time of change, and change is certainly something that is definately going to happen.  The days are shorter, the nights are cozier, and it is a time of family and friends.  
Just so you know I have made a few changes in my life.  I am no longer considered retired.  I loved being retired, but retirement didn't pay the bills.  I have had to go back to work.  Thankfully it is part time doing what I love to do.  Secretary in one of the local elementary schools.  It fits me perfect.  Working with wonderful people and enjoying being in the schools.  Part time is all I can handle right now, and it will help to ease the worry of living on such a low amount of money.  Life is hard at times.  I was left a widow at a very young age, and it seems I could never make up for the wages he made.  Not only suffering the horrible effects of the loss of the love of my life, but struggling for many many years to survive with a good quality of life.  I have been blessed.  I can not complain, so many have it much worse.  I am thankful for loving adult children that when the time came, they could help me out.  I have have been watched over by my Savior, Jesus Christ.  I know His eye is ever upon me.  There were lessons I needed to learn on my journey, and I hope I learned them well.  I thank Him for guiding me, and helping me to find the work I needed all in His time and in His way. So with that said.  I am ok.  I am happy, and I will continue to endure loving and helping and trying to do His will.
Life is about change and nothing stays the same.
I have found I need not fear change.
For the Lord has put the power of faith in our hearts not fear.


For I will go and do as the Lord commands.
He will provide the way for me to accomplish his command. 

5 comments:

  1. Hi Karie,
    I understand about change. Our family has been going through change too, loosing my sister and than my Dad. Mom has had a lot loss to get through. I love what you said at the end of your post. So very true I felt your words in my heart.
    You are such a sweet and loving person, your kindness and light shines right through your posts.
    Have a sweet day, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Karie! I'm sorry things have been hard for you but glad you've found a wonderful part time job that sounds good for you. You'll be in my prayers. God does look after us and says He won't put more on us than we can bare. Sometimes, I think He thinks we'er stronger than we think we are! ;)
    Blessings,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your fall decor and what a Blessing to find work that you like. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all your fall decorations. I know exactly about retirement, I live on SS and it is hard. I am looking to pickup a child from school, help with home work and snacks until his or her parents get home from work. I had one last year and it worked out great, but his mother is a teacher and with her new schedule she can pick him up herself.
    God will help through this rough spot.
    Take care dear friend, so glad that you like your job.
    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karie, As you know, just trust in God. He never forsakes us. Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.