Saturday, August 8, 2015

Houses Become Homes

I like to go back to my hometown, The Motherland
And take picture of some of the houses there.
It seems they have so many of the old homes,
that have been taken care of. I like to see a home that is well care for.
I think it says a lot about a person, Someone who takes care of their home and 
surroundings in my opinion is a good steward to the things the Lord has given them.
I believe we have lost something by not taking pride in our homes.
As I ride around the town I live in now, there seems to be so many who
don't take care of their yards, and their houses.Weeds grow in front of the house,
 no flower beds, and no trees. You can tell from the outside that the inside
is also in disrepair.What a sad thing it is. . . parents are not teaching their children to
take pride in their surrounds,and to take care of things.
But, who am I to judge? 
As for me, I like a tidy home,  and the outside is as important asthe inside. 
 I don't like my surroundings to be in shambles. So having said that, I thought I would show you some of
the lovely old homes from my hometown.
Just look at that front porch. Is that not gorgeous? So inviting.  Oh, how I wish I had a big porch.
I think I would spend all my time just sitting and enjoying the outside and listening to nature.
This home has always been well taken care of. When I was a young girl, a friend of mine lived here.
It was beautiful 60 years ago, and is even more beautiful now. The front is actually a build in porch. 
 So charming.
Behind those trees sits a gorgeous home, with a history. Few people in my hometown or in 
Utah know about this house.Let's see if you recognize the architecture
If you guessed Frank Lloyd Wright. . you are right. The plans for this house are from Frank Lloyd Wright.
It sits on a corner lot in The Motherland. And few even recognize the unique design of the home.  
I have not been inside for many years. But, I am sure it is still beautiful and well taken care of.
This picture was taken about 30 years ago.  You can see how lovely it was then. 
It has had several owners, and each one is a great care-taker.
This house no longer stands.  It is one of my ancestors home. When the Pioneer's entered the great valley of
Salt Lake, the Prophet Brigham Young sent families to various areas in the territory. 
 He told them to take care of the land, to build homes, and grown orchards, and gardens.
And we are still counseled today to take care of the land.We are stewards of this great earth.  
We are too be responsible and take care and replenish it. One way is to take care of the little plot of 
earth we call ours is. Our homes, are to be well taken care of.  Flowers, trees and vegetables are to adorn our yards.  We should be industrious, and work to keep things in good repair.Cleanliness, is of up-most importance.
The earth is ours to borrow.  
We have not inherited the earth from
our fathers. We are borrowing it from our children.
(Native American Saying)



2 comments:

  1. Oh what a beautiful post Karie. You are so right about taking care of your home and yard. It really bothers me that our lawns are dying and the flowers, bushes, trees, etc.
    Thanks so much for your Birthday wishes, did you check out ym Bday post?
    Have a wonderful rest of the week. Enjoyed seeing all the beautiful homes where you grew up.
    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karie,
    I'm a new follower. I found you on my Facebook page and I'm really enjoying your beautiful blog.

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.