Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Family Home Evening And Easter

Hello my friends. . 
I know it is has been awhile since I updated my blog.
I am feeling a little better, and I am happy to report
I AM HAPPY!
It is good to feel good.
I thought I would share with you my
bunnies I made for my Grandkids.
I made these for ALL of the Grands.
Big and Small.
I don't think my older Grandson's thought they 
were that great. . .But I told the oldest. 
"You will receive little foo-fooie things from me as long as I live."
Which I hope is a long long time.
He just smiled. Deep down I think he like it.
Of course they are filled with candy.  
We all love Reece's Peanut Butter Easter Eggs.
(I have to be careful, I could eat a lot of them.  Just sayin)
We had our Family Home Evening on Monday night.
I have it once a month at my home.  
Those in the family that can come, come and those that
can't make it. . .come the next time.
My Church
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
encourages each and every family to have one evening
every week that they spend time together learning about the
Savior, Jesus Christ.
It need not be long, just a short lesson, games, and of course treats.
Since it is the week before Easter. our lesson Monday night
was on Jesus Christ.
Of course it is always on Him, but Monday we focused
on his Sacrifice and His Atonement.
As I gathered my children in prayer, I was so overcome
with joy for the great Plan of Happiness that the Lord
has given to me.  I am so blessed to have 4 children who all
live so close to me.  My Grandchildren are delightful.
And I love them so much.  Each one is helpful and kind to me.
I consider myself a very blessed person, in-spite of my imperfections.
But then isn't that what the Atonement is about?
His Grace perfects me.
We sang the hymn, 
"I Stand All Amazed."
Our singing voices are not the best, but the Spirit was strong 
in my little living room.  and our hearts were in the right place 
Each and every day I stand all amazed.
Little crocheted Easter bunnies filled with treats
along with prayers, singing, and a lesson on the Savior
made my heart rejoice.
Like I said I will be making and giving little
Foo-Fooie things for as long as I live.
For you see the little Fooie thingies are an expression
of my love and my gratitude..
I love to make things and give them away.
I believe that is what the Lord intended for us to do.
He gave us talents that me might share and give to
others.  I ask for nothing in return, but I have found
The more I give the more I receive.
Amazing.

Be sure to visit again.






1 comment:

  1. Oh Karie, what a beautiful way to dinner once a week with your family. I have always felt that family should be together for dinner when the children are growing up. Now that they are grown it's wonderful to hear that you still carry on that tradition.
    Glad that you are better my friend. Wishing you and yours a very Blessed Easter.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.