Saturday, August 17, 2013

Emma Diane and Julia Estelle

As you may know I love dolls.
When I go to the second hand stores I always
Feel sad for the lost and lonely dolls.
I know, I know, it may sound strange to some,
But those sweet little things gave love and comfort to
Someone, a child or even a grown up at some time.
Well, long story short. . .I decided I would rescue some of them.
(I can't bring them all home)
I bring them home, wash them, and dress them in new crochet dresses.
I give them as gifts, and I do believe I will start selling them.
Meet my new little girls
Emma Diane
She is a beautiful little blonde/blue eyed charmer.
I fell in love with her the minute I saw her.
How could you not love her pretty little face and her golden hair?
Oh, yes, she is Emma Diane
Named after my Granddaughter Emma and my Aunt Diane.
This is Julia Estelle
Named after my sister-in-law Julia and her mother Estelle
Again that adorable little face, I fell head over heels for her.
It has been so fun to make their dresses, and the hats,
It was like dressing my little girl again. . . 
I gave them new life.
It will be hard to part with them, but I know they are going
To two very special people in my life. . .and
They will never again end up in the "lost" doll aisle at DI.

I guess you would call me a rescuer!

I am linking with
A Stroll Thru Life
Common Ground
Cozy Little House
Elizabeth & Co.
Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson
The Charm of Home

4 comments:

  1. Hi Karie! Oh, the little dolls are just precious. I'm so impressed with the pretty little crocheted dresses and love the little beanie hat on little blondie! ;) My mother never got any dolls growing up. They had a huge family and were poor. So when we moved her out here with us after my Daddy died, I would buy her a pretty doll every Christmas! It brought her such joy.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness I can't believe the crochet dresses! You are amazing!!
    They are just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh they are both so precious. Thanks for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. My grandmother was a collector of forlorn dolls. I am the same way with lovely linens and old family photographs. It breaks my heart when I see them for sale. :)

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.