Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Thrifty Finds For The New Year

Well hello 2013
That seems different. . a 13 for the year!
Oh well, onward it is on the path of time.
To begin the new year I want to show
You some thrifty finds.
On December 31, I found these little treasures
At my local DI (Deseret Industries)
Thrill, thrill. . !
First look at this adorable
Santa Tea Pot!
($1.00)
Won't he be cute next year on my hutch?
Funny thing. . .I have the matching salt and pepper shakers.
I saw these Pfalzgraff plates ($1.00) a week ago at the DI
And I thought "I don't need anymore plates"
Hmmm....the more I thought about them
The more I thought how nice they would
Look in my hutch.
Nothing lasts at the thrift store. . if you don't get
It when you first see it . . it will be gone when you go back.
Taking my chances, and a little prayer. . 
They were there when I went on Monday
I have the matching serving bowl. . 
And this little Fire King bowl, with handle, for 50 cents.
I couldn't pass up, it is for a friend.
So there you have it my Thrifty Finds to start the new year.
How about you. . .are you a Thrifty Finder?
And what treasures have you found lately.

Be sure to visit again!
K

I am linking with these lovely bloggers
A Stroll Thru Life
Ivy and Elephants

3 comments:

  1. Great finds. That little Santa teapot is adorable! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Ivy and Elephants. You've started the new year on a high note, for sure!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Kari..well, here we are, starting a great, brand new year. At my age, I am extra thankful to be able to at least START a new year. hahhaa...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super finds. I havn't been out thrift shopping yet this new year. You found some super treasures. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.