Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Happy Crocheting

Oh, this is the time I love to crochet!
It is cold outside, but warm 
Inside my home.
Time to do some serious crocheting. . 
I have wanted to make some of these scarves
But, I didn't know how. . hmmm!
Off to the internet, and I soon fund how to make them
Easy as could be.
The granddaughters love them, and so do I
I make several in an evening watching my favorite
T.V shows. . 
A crocheter always tries to find a way to cover
Anything with yarn. . 
Well, I have been covering hangers with yarn for years.
I love these hangers. . .my closet is full of them
My clothes never slip off the hanger, and I don't
Get those "shoulder bumps" on my knit shirts.
These are so easy to make. . Easy Peasy
What, oh what to do about a wreath this time of year?
Well, this is what I came up with.
 Again something so simple. . and yet so cute.
Problem is I don't want to put it on the outside of the door
Not quite yet. . it is snowy here in Utah.
So it hangs on the inside of my door.
Well as you can see my hands have been busy
Can I just say I am so grateful my Grandma 
Taught me how to crochet when I was young
It has been a blessing to have this creative art
I enjoy crocheting, it relaxes me and 
I am able to share my craft with others.
Well, I am off to make more scarves, they will make
Perfect gifts for friends and family
And of course the hangers are always needed
I intend to make another crochet wreath.
Be sure to check back again to see what I am up to next.
Hugs to all.

11 comments:

  1. What nice items you've made. I love those scarves. You should sell those! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooo pretty! Girl you do this so well! Talented!

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that wreath! I cannot get over it! It is just so pretty. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you,, I love to knit and
    crochet when it's cold outside.
    Your work is beautiful and I'd like
    to thank you for your visit to my
    blog.. I need to read deeper in your's
    to see what you have been up to.
    Happy New Year to you and your family.
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your projects. I am going to have to make a cute wreath, what a cute idea. I have seen those scarves and have wanted to try but I have been told that you knit them and I don't know how to knit. Did you really crochet them and will you share where you learned how? Thanks and great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such neat projects! Those scarves are a fortune in the stores, yours are gorgeous. I need to learn how to do this, too. Thanks for sharing your creative genius with us!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Karie, I love your scarves. Aren't they fun to do? I've made some also and the wreath is so cute with the crochet flowers. Thanks for linking up at Transformed Tuesday. I can't wait to see what you've been up to this week. Hugs, Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Karie, all your crocheted pieces are just wonderful. I never learned how to crochet and wish I had. Thank you for sharing with us at TTF. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karie, you have been a very busy gal. Everyting is so pretty, but I love the wreath! Perfect to help chase these Winter blues away. It is darn cold, wouldn't you agree? I'm ready for a bit of warm weather. I am so happy to have you join us at Share Your Cup. Hope to see you often!
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything you make is beautiful! I love the wreath! And thanks for my awesome hangers! They are perfect and adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything you make is beautiful! I love the wreath! And thanks for my awesome hangers! They are perfect and adorable!

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.