Sunday, January 6, 2013

January

Ah the splendid beauty of 
January
Is seems to be colorless outside, 
Just the Winter White
But on the inside of my home
I like to bring color and a few snowmen
To revive the spirit of my home after
the colorful decorations of December.
Of course my precious hutch gets the focus of my attention.
 Snowmen and colorful snow flake plates.
 My precious hutch not only is fun to decorate,
But it also adds so much coziness and warmth 
To my kitchen area.
I continue to keep my snowmen on display until 
Later in January
Usually after my son's birthday. . 
The small Jim Shore collection I have 
Has brought so much delight to me
And brightened my home decor.
I try to buy a new Jim Shore snowman each year.
I have quite a few little snowmen 
And snowmen salt and pepper shakers
They are sitting about in various places during January.

I can't wait to show you what I have been working 
On lately. . .the cold nights of January are 
A great time to snuggle in, watch t.v
And CROCHET.

Be sure to stop by again.
I love seeing that you have visited and
I would also love to hear from you.
Stay warm and enjoy this time of the year!
K

I am linking with these lovely blogs






7 comments:

  1. My snow men and snow flakes are still hanging around here too. Probably a few more days, then I'll switch to Valentine's decor. I have a couple of small projects to do before decorating for Valentines. Hopefully I'll get them done this week.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karie! Oh, I love your hutch too and have told you before it's a cousin to my little hutch. It looks lovely and I adore your sweet snowmen! Happy New Year!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelai ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although I know the decorating trend is all white, I actually like seeing color. Right now is the perfect time to find ways to bring color into the house. Between the gray skies and the house looking so "bare" after all the Christmas stuff is gone, it's nice to have fun things to make the house feel cozy.

    Your snowman collection is really cute, especially the one in the last picture. I know what you mean about crocheting. I'm been itching to do more projects lately. Seems the perfect time of year to keep my mind occupied on fun things instead of how cold it is.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog this afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your snowmen, Karie! I have a thing for them myself! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your snowmen are adorable, Karie! I have a collection, too, but mine get stored away with the Christmas decor. I do like your idea of decorating your sweet little hutch with all things wintery, snowflakes, & such -- it's very cheerful!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty!! It will be awhile yet until I get all of Christmas put away and get out my Winter and V Day decorations!!

    Love your hutch!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your snowmen, Karie! I have a thing for them myself! I love your blog

    ReplyDelete

I read each comment and I appreciate the time you spend to leave me one. Thank you so much.